DNDN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Ares1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Charting that stock for any extended period of time was what my original comments were in regards too. It's moved too much, solely because of news, that you'll have a hard time using charting. News should always be a concern, but with a stock like DNDN I think it takes on a new meaning.

I started out trading micro caps and developed a feel for trading them. I don't like to trade in and out, but you can do it with DNDN by feel which I guess is mental TA...at least that's how I traded it.

My point was only said to mean that you're going to have a hard time following that stock or interpreting moves since so many of them are rumor/news dependent and that's like trying to figure out what a kid's parents were like without him being able to speak. Strange example but it makes sense I think.

News always affects stocks of course, but I think it's a whole different level with this stock.

Good luck.

#11     Jun 5, 2007
  2. Ares1

Ares1

I'm new here at Elite Trader and just starting to get to know people.
    I'm currently reading Spydertrader's Journal and just stumbled on
    nwbprop's. Both are studying Jack Hershey's Method.
    How about you SisePuede!?
    Which method do you currently use?
    Are you a long term holder,swing trader,daytrader, or scalper?
    Talking about scalping - I like VSTScalper's charting too.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1263917

#12     Jun 5, 2007
  3. I'm an investor who is learning to trade these more liquid markets. Used to trade OTC and micro caps more. I trade a bunch of different things. I don't follow any one method as of now and have been trading options more and more.

I'll go long if there's a lot of strength in a company and it's not a shitty company. I always incorporate a little bit of fundamentals.

I'm not much of a daytrader or scalper. I don't have the nerve for it and feel I can make comparable gains elsewhere without the stress.

I am really only learning to trade as I enjoy reading about companies and looking at charts.

Cheers, good luck.

#13     Jun 5, 2007
  4. Ares1

Ares1

8.40 (yesterday's high)
    8.20(yesterday's close)
    7.55(yesterday's low)

#14     Jun 5, 2007
  5. jo.m

jo.m

I've traded DNDN before --it's one of those you CAN do a chart on (I'm almost exclusively a "chartist," using proprietary indicators that are surprisingly accurate) but with the caveat that DNDN can do essentially nothing . . . and then zoom to your target. The problem is that if you don't have enough patience, you will wait and wait and wait, and get out right before it zooms to your target.

I like DNDN now to about $10.35 for a High Target. However, I think it's anybody's guess as to when it will do it. I only do DNDN and stocks like it as a kind of "auxiliary trade" -- you can make a good return if you're not into forecasting exact timing.

Best to all,
    Jo

#15     Jun 5, 2007
  6. Ares1

Ares1

It looks like those block trades on the green early this morning were not fasle prints.

On paper,
    In at 8.32
    Out at 8.46 (should have offered out at 8.55)

I was not in the computer when it broke above 8.55 (didn't want to trade during the dead zone).

3:30ET
    In at 8.65
    Out at 8.77 (didn't want to hold overnight even on paper)

This is one of the disciplines I'm working on - NO OVERNIGHTS.

#16     Jun 5, 2007
  7. Ares1

Ares1

PDH = 8.88
    PDC = 8.75
    Pivot = 8.64
    PDL = 8.29

#17     Jun 6, 2007
  8. Ares1

Ares1

Looking forward for comments on the chart.

#18     Jun 8, 2007

9. NOOOOOOO DNDN SUUUUUUUCKS

STAY AWAY FROM DNDNDNDNDNDNDN

DENDDREEEEOOOOONNNN

DENDDREEED DEE DDDNNEEENN NEDDNNED DREEEE OONNN

#19     Jun 8, 2007
  10. Ares1

Ares1

:D
    you put a smile on my face.

I have to admit, this is a challenging stock to analyze.
    I just want to follow up on it.
    Whoever (market maker) is manipulating or playing around with this must have a basis or indicator that they follow.
    It may be traditional support and resistance, patterns,etc.

Today, I was looking at support to be at 8.05 or 7.90 and resistance at 8.64, 8.88, or 8.99.

Today's low = 8.05
    Today's high = 8.68

Pretty close but it may just be a fluke.

Too bad, I'm still paper trading this.

Hopefully, when I put real money, it will be bulls eye (I wish).

Looking forward to a logical response.

#20     Jun 8, 2007