Dndn?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by UnFoRGiVeN, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Neighbor sold 3500 from 19s, 18s on down with the last in 14s or 15s in the afternoon spike for 27 or 29K. Still has 1K left. I thought he should have sold it all and started over but WTF do I know - - he's the one with a big pile of $ and a wife that left work early to put on some skimpy clothes. :cool:

#51     Apr 1, 2007
  2. No, it was on the "naked short list" for seven days. That meant there were fails in the system, but the powers don't let anybody know how many. The numbers you see from Nasdaq aren't worth very much when the stock hits SHO. The money is so huge and there are large and small players. It 's all so secretive, there is no way you know who did what. Assume some small players got killed, but the big boys control the damage and move on. NFI was on forever and they were dead right. How many naked short? 1mm? 10mm.

#52     Apr 1, 2007
  3. sweeeet

this one was better than RNAI was

i live in seattle, researched this company extensively (stopped by headquarters, etc.) and got in in the 4's

UNfortunately, i sold 1/2 my stake at 5.15 prior to the halting.

however, it was still the trade that made my year

and why would ANYBODY short a speculative bio stock

any moron that would short a speculative bio deserves to lose all their money. and then some

#53     Apr 1, 2007
  4. They don't close the shades? :D

#54     Apr 1, 2007
  5. hels02

hels02

I don't think anyone actually faded this... they'd be crazy.

I've never seen the point of shorting. In nearly 30 years of trading/investing, I still don't understand it. If I felt confident enough to short, I can buy puts. My total loss is limited to my cost of puts, and my gain is unlimited. Why on earth would anyone accept an infinite upwards risk ever? I will never understand the shorting phenomenon.

The REASON I bought puts Fri morning is because when a stock goes up that much in overnight trading, a LOT of people will take profits to get out while the getting is good. No matter how good the stock, you can almost bank on this phenomenon... people taking the money and running because it's guaranteed, while getting that stock back up there again is not guaranteed.

Since I did no research on the stock, and did not think about it before Friday, for me it was the best way to make some free money, and I made 40% of my investment in a few hours.

Monday is another game, I have no clue what it will do, so I was not going to hold Puts over the weekend. It was nice free money tho, wish I bought more than I did.

Hindsight is always 20/20, if I could redo what I did, I'd have sold everything to buy puts Friday morning, how often can you bank 40% gain in a few hours:p?

#55     Apr 1, 2007
  6. rickf

rickf

I bought 15 APR 5 calls for .90 the week prior and sold them at the open on Friday for 11.90 each when the stock was falling from its premarket highs. I was a very happy camper having made a neat dumptruck of cash on a pure-spec play.

Last Friday was the Mother of All Short Squeezes - I was happy to be part of the fun. :)

But if 30% of the float is held by institutions/insiders, and 30% is held short, that only gives 40% of the float to cover......and that 40% includes folks like me and other retail investors. So IMO it serves the shorts right for getting into a position they really had no easy way out of.

#56     Apr 1, 2007
  7. Back to 18!!!!

#57     Apr 5, 2007
  8. buying calls on this thing (after the fade to 12.90 or so) was the easiest money i've made in a long time.

#58     Apr 6, 2007
  9. DNDN is on the SHO list. Neither the DTCC or SEC tells even the company how many fails there are in the system. This is another way the SHO screws people, because you can't even look at the short list and try to determine what needs to be covered. Look at the volume. Is it like, 20:1 for several days. That's nuts. And no one can tell you how much more there is. Did they come in and try to hold it down w/more sales? We don't know.

#59     Apr 6, 2007