Dndn & 10 Days Till Options Expiration

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BlueStreek, May 1, 2009.

1. SForce

SForce

You're reading into his comment (and indirectly, mine). Nobody said anything about the drug failing, just the stock to be valued where it should be until _approval_ of the drug. $0 would be an overstatement, but in the single digits would be more proper.

#11     May 2, 2009
  2. nearly twice as long as the best available chemotherapy

"This is going to change the way we treat . . . metastatic prostate cancer,"

"This will be much easier for patients than going through chemotherapy because there are no side effects,"

"The results validate 16 years of modern research t

"Since 2007, I have watched men who could have been helped by Provenge suffer and die from prostate cancer,"

Taxotere, known generically as docetaxel, which extends survival two to three months at most and has often-disabling side effects.

An estimated 186,000 American men develop prostate cancer each year,

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-prostate29-2009apr29,0,3194232.story

Seems awfully simple to me. Less suffering. Seems too simple. The way I see things, if it's something that I wouldn't want for me, I don't want it for others. And if this industry is going to survive, it had better stop playing dirty with stocks like this.

#12     May 2, 2009
  3. And what would "0" mean for Provenge, and chemo - free cancer treatment?

and where are some facts, even, backing up "single digits" for simply the most effective chemo free drug yet???

This is a major problem of stock manipulation. It is yet to come out about dealings on the FDA panel that delayed the drug by two years. but it will come out. But when a group of "financiers" to use the term loosely, attempt to dictate price discovery, to use that term loosely, you destroy a lot that was good. And Wall St. has done that time and again, especially in biotech.

I believe little if anything analysts say, however it seems, looking at all the reports, they do come up witha mid 40 target when comparing the data of DNDN with the competition. Forget the price target, and even take half. That's not zero or single digits. And what is not arguable is the scientific achievement of Provenge compared with the competition. It's not even close.

In biotechs, the price of the equity is everything. Let it trade freely. If the drug fails, or if there is fraud, like SQNM, fine. But don't take the good and shoot it too.

#13     May 3, 2009
  4. SForce

SForce

Your first question is ignored because I told you 0 was an overstatement.

The facts are that the company doesn't have anything (as far as I know) besides this one drug and this drug is not approved yet; it's not even about to be submitted for approval. We have at least two more full quarters before the chance of submission for approval. Approval _IF_ it does ever come won't be until 2010 at the earliest.

I believe you read wrong about analyst's high end target. That "40" was one analyst.

You said you believe little if anything analysts say; however you believe everything a drug company says about it's own drug? .. Awesome. You have some s--t to learn about that. I'm not saying they're lying about anything, but they have the most reason out of everyone to lie. You seem to be taking this stock/company/drug very personal. Stop.

#14     May 3, 2009
  5. Informed

Informed

Rumor is big funds want tons of tons of DNDN shares, they try to maintain the price at current level, ... they are holding huge short position ... could be very expensive...

#15     May 4, 2009