DNC Picks 20 Candidates To Join Biden & Bernie In First Democratic Debates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Clown show.

Every day you read that Bill DeBlasio has only been getting zero in the polls, and now he is in the debate.

Whatever. I suppose I could read up on the "logic" there but the outcome is the same: Dead Clowns Walking are participating in the debate. Of course, in fairness, the leading clown in the polls is also a Dead Clown Walking- Biden.

I wonder if Kamala will be standing or kneeling during the debate/s.

:cool:

Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. LOL, Yang is in the same group as Biden and Bernie. Beto and Warren are in a separate group from Biden for the debates. Seeing Yang battle Bernie over who will be better at giving out free stuff is reason enough to watch it.

upload_2019-6-14_12-0-31.png

upload_2019-6-14_12-3-31.png

4. elderado

elderado

This guy has got the full demoncrat platform. Include him!!!

[​IMG]

MoneyMatthew and AAAintheBeltway like this.
  5. going to be a shit show... how in the world are 10 people going to be able to talk and debate when they are all looking for their 3 minutes of applause moment to say useless shit. What is the 5th person who speaks going to say "I also agree with A, B, C, D, and Trump is bad.

6. I believe Mark Twain cautioned against arguing with a fool on the grounds that bystanders might not be able to discern the difference.

This format is a disaster for Biden. Even if he is a corrupt lying POS career political hack, he was a longtime Senator, head of the Foreign Relations committee and VP for eight years. He will have exactly the same status on the debate stage as people like Beto and Castro, who have one page resumes and little support outside the media.

elderado likes this.
  7. Banjo

Banjo

"This format is a disaster for Biden"
    Possibly that's the DNC's strategy.

MoneyMatthew likes this.
  8. Yeh, the atmospherics are not good. Even if he does okay, "okay" is not good enough to support his current numbers and those will fall.

No candidate who is what - 76 years old or something- and is trying to overcome that liability benefits from being on stage with people 30-40 years younger even if the younger ones will not be elected either.

I read some article somewhere earlier that said that one of the major benefits that Joe has is that he was with Obama and the dems dast not criticize anything in those years because Obama is still a god to them so he has some protected no-go turf there. I dunno, I can see that to some degree but dont necessarily agree that it is a net plus for him. Instead, it forces the dems to go after him on old issues that are pretty ugly- such that Joe gets portrayed more and more as someone from the past while they are looking for someone futuristic. As the old adage in politics goes: "if you are explaining yourself, you are losing."
    And the format of the debate is that you get 30 seconds to try to wipe any shit off of you if another candidate mentions your name. Joe got stuff that takes more than 30 seconds. Lots of it.

AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  9. DNC is looking to take out 10 of the candidates as useless and avoid the shit show that was 2016 GOP debates I bet. That is why they are doing this now.

10. One could also make a credible argument that the DNC is doing this to avoid the shit show that was the 2016 democratic nomination process, where both the allegations and the facts demonstrate that it favored just one candidate right from the get-go.

Refer to the Bernie campaign for more on this.

#10     Jun 17, 2019