DMI/ADX consistently works

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by nyc-hotshot, Aug 22, 2003.

1. So I use the ADX in trading the DAX FUTURE (26/08/03)
    (symbol AX U3-DT) - 1 minute chart !

If you have questions, please let me known

cheers
    Jeanmichel

#71     Aug 27, 2003
  2. Sorry,

here is the chart

JM

#72     Aug 27, 2003
  3. toby400

toby400

The Chart ???

:D

#73     Aug 28, 2003
  4. You guys better ease up on the detailed, useful information. The moderators on this board don't like that kind of stuff.

#74     Aug 28, 2003
  5. josbarr

josbarr

A usefull ADX observation. If it is above 30, the underlying market bounces off the 20 exp moving average.........chart does'nt seem to be posting for some reason.

#75     Aug 28, 2003
  6. Guys, congratulations, this is what I would call a more orderly thread than the one mentioned in the first post or so. Little nononsense was slowly finding his way around this time and looking for those benchmarks that some people had been talking about.

You got me really worrying now, because if real secrets are being given away here for free, the thing might not do any good any more by the time nononsense was going to trade on it.

#76     Aug 28, 2003
  7. The nice thing about the DMI/ADX is that it doesn't matter if other people know about it. The more people that do it, it only serves to make it work better.

I'm glad everyone is jumping in on this thread. The reason I started it is because this is the only indicator that I have ever found the has a amazingly high percentage of being right. Also, this indicator can be used for any type of trading: day, swing, or longer term.

PS: Today's been real choppy which sort of screw up this method. It works best when the market trends in straight directions (up/down). I'm still up a little, but not as much as usual.

#77     Aug 28, 2003
  8. Dear nyc-hotshot,

Nice thread that you started, I must say. Your above statement is intriguing. I don't know what to say about it. If you could elaborate a little more, please do.

Be good,

nononsense

#78     Aug 28, 2003
  9. WarEagle and NY,

This DMI thing is really hot. I've been experimenting with the indicator you wrote, and it works really well on the @ES using a 233 tick chart. I'd love to back-test it more, but I don't have the tick data.

But, it seems that whenever the indicator changes to red or blue, if you take the trade with a 2 pt target/stop you win a big percentage of the time.

Does anyone know how I can get more tick-data into my TradeStation? I'd love to test this back a hundred days or so.

Any comments?

Cheer,

kp

#79     Aug 28, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

LeBeau said long ago that ADX/DMI were the only indicators he'd found that lived up to their billing. I doubt that a message board is going to change that after all this time.

#80     Aug 28, 2003