DMI/ADX consistently works

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by nyc-hotshot, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Here is an example from my trade today using a DMI Cross for confirmation for an entry.
    My Exit was by a 261% fib line (not shown).
    [​IMG]

#361     May 29, 2009
  2. From the looks of it, you are only using the crossover for a trigger.

I have a hard time believing this alone can consistantly provide profits. Do you use any other tools?

#362     May 29, 2009
  3. cowcool

cowcool

DMI Crossover got whishawed often but I am not sure of the percentage because I am still new to it. Is there a research on internet on the percentage of whipsaw in DMI crossover?

#363     May 29, 2009
  4. cowcool

cowcool

I am building a system relying on DMI Cross + ADX >=20 but am not sure abt the exit rule.

How about exit when EMA 3 cross above/below EMA 10?

Comments please

Thx:)

#364     Jun 1, 2009
  5. Just used the DMI cross for the confirmation. See the double top, then the trend down?
    I looked for the small retrace in Price Action, thats where my second line was drawn at.
    Only entered once that line was broken and confirmed with the DMI cross.

Just a tool, nothing more.

#365     Jun 1, 2009
  6. Just use it for an entry.
    I would sugguest to exit using the Fib Extentions (161.8 or 261.8)
    using your Entry point / Stoploss level as the 0% and 100% points. Exit when the Ext. are hit.

#366     Jun 1, 2009
  7. nimish

nimish

Hi all,
    I have heard a lot of this DMI/ADX tool. How do I get this tool. Please provide me the details. What is its cost ?

#367     Oct 25, 2009
  8. Hi nyc-hotshot,

I love your thread and read every single page of the adx/mdi topic you started. Are you still using the adx (dx) setup as you always do? thanks.

camcarchan

#368     Nov 2, 2009
  9. Hi nyc-hotshot,

Hope U will continue this thread, I know is been over a year.

#369     Nov 13, 2009
  10. hayman

hayman

Funny. I just revisited this thread, because I had interest in it, back in the day.

Not one of the original posters, including the OP, still belong to ET. It seems that most got taken out at some time in 2007-2008, based on the date of their last post.

I think it might tell you something about this method of trading......

#370     Jan 12, 2010