Dll/software protection program?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mcgene4xpro, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Separate programmer and i couldnot afford to trust.
    Do you think learning Easy Language is really easy?

#11     Dec 29, 2010
  2. I have no clue what Easy Language is - Learning C# was pretty easy but I was coming from a fairly advanced VBA skillset.

You pretty much have two choices, either learn to code yourself (these Tradelink/MetaTrader plugins are fairly straightforward as long as your strategy is straightforward)

or

spend an equal amount of time, headache, learning and stress on networking and network security.

Think about it this way - programming is just another language, Spanish, French, English, etc. If you provide a programmer very simple and detailed logic his/her job should be no more difficult than translating a book from one language to another.

I hope you agree that it would be hard to translate a book without the original text - You can outsource each chapter to a different translator but they still get bits and pieces AND you still need someone to spell check + bind the chapters together. The biggest thing about intellectual property is that you can't "un-learn" something so once it is out your programmers can't easily forget what they just learned. Unless you know enough about programming to 'spell check' and bind your chapters together you are ultimately going to have to rely on someone else to do that for you.

Thread after thread its the same thing... Either find someone you trust or DIY. No amount of non-competes and NDA's can force someone to "unlearn" your strategy.

#12     Dec 29, 2010
  3. I agree. However, learning a language means you are confined to the platform using this language and its supported broker.

My thinking about learning a language is to learn the easiest language to test/research not to trade with. If i came to the point of trading,i will use a coder to just translate my central code.

Would this plan work?

#13     Dec 29, 2010
  4. Why not use C# and Tradelink?

Why would you ever box yourself in by using a proprietary language like Easy Language?

#14     Dec 29, 2010
  5. So if i learned C#, i could program tradelink code?

#15     Dec 29, 2010
  6. yep

as well as a bunch of other things. I started teaching myself a few weeks ago - its not that bad for someone with a nerdy/geeky/technical background. I can't sit down to a blank screen and just "write" yet but I can use the existing templates and change values and know whats going on in the code (kindof like being able to read but not write it). but only 2-3 weeks into it.

#16     Dec 29, 2010
  7. I am looking now at tradelink webpage and i figured out it is supporting a limited number of brokers. So if i need to trade FX, i will find myself restricted to these brokers. This is a disadvatage for me. For example, i would like to trade through Dukascopy but unfortunately not supported by tradelink.

However, it would be a very good choice for testing and research i think.

Backtesting is powerful

#17     Dec 29, 2010
  8. By this explanation, i believe that brokers for retail traders could reverse engineer any profitable system. Brokers have all prints, P&L and all relevant info.. Some hosted also retail trading systems in their data centers :D.

So, if you go away from programmers, you will end in the broker.. :D

Only way, is to deal with DMA but in this condition, you will end with.... :p

Oh, no solution for this..

Perfect minds here , please share your input

#18     Dec 29, 2010
  9. J.P.

J.P.

Assuming you have a significantly profitable system, if you strategically split your trades between two or more different brokers they will likely not be able to reverse engineer. If you don't have consistent, large profits you have nothing to worry about. It can be as simple as that.

#19     Dec 29, 2010
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

If breaking encrypted dlls is so easy, why aren't open versions of Mark Jurik's proprietary indicators all over the net?

Also, reverse engineering a nontrivial trading strategy from entries and exits is an urban myth.

#20     Jan 16, 2013