DL-Phenylalanine

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TraderJoe08, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ACE is about as bad as NASM. NASM hides behind a BS veil of intricate language for overcomplicated movements, I should know, I hold 2 of their certs. NSCA is probably the most realistic cert for a trainer, and much harder to attain that the NASM "vocabulary review tests". Too much time spent on "structural analysis" that is COMPLETELY WRONG, in the eyes of most chiropractors and orthopedists. NSCA is far better, I would advise trying to get that cert, as it was my first, and really was helpful. As an NASM practitioner, you should know that HIIT training is at the top of the training cycle, and is not meant for anyone. NASM is a joke, hope you don't take it as gospel, like most of the NASM certified trainers do, it's a waste of the trainer's/client's time and money.

P.S., try running 5 miles sometime, you might be suprised by it's intensity.

#81     Mar 18, 2009
  2. mercand2

mercand2

The person who posted the "DL-Phenylalanine" supplement are you still having the same problem?

#82     Mar 19, 2009
  3. WE are all partial to our training certs, big deal, it's a piece of paper, results matter, excuses and meaningless certs don't.

Running 5 miles to a sprinter, human suffering from adrenal fatigue or weightlifter (anyone seeking an optimal physique) is counter-productive.

I can make you puke lifting weights faster than you can taking me on a little jog.

The structural analysis is NEVER over-stated. Adductor weakness has caused severe damage in many long distance runners' knees.

I have no time to break it down for others like they're small children. HIIT is 'at the top of the training cycle' because bottom line it is hard. I don't have time to go through training phases or protocols for coach potatoes.
    If you want maximum results you have to put forth maximum effort.

FWIW, I don't take the NASM cert seriously, it is a joke, all of them are jokes because most people are pussies and we have to babysit trainees as they progress up the physical fitness pyramid. Ugh..

Good commentary, always appreciated.

Bottom line is do you run 5 miles to say you run 5 miles or do you run 5 miles because you think it's good for you?

#83     Mar 19, 2009
  4. this is thread is worth a bump. From what I've read it's hard to know which is the best: dl-phenylalanine, d-phenylalanine, or tyrosine

#84     Apr 12, 2010
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Tyrosine is a precursor to Melanin, if you want a better tan maybe that is the way to go...

#85     Apr 12, 2010