DL-Phenylalanine

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TraderJoe08, Nov 20, 2008.

1. I wish you well on your journey toward optimal health and well being.
    I personally can not say I've experienced the void that a deficiency creates however I've assisted many through cocaine or amphetamine addiction and withdraw(some deficiency's are not naturally occurring). My perception of the experience painted a picture of a world out of sync with ours. A world devoid of joy, color, hope, caring, ambition and happiness.

I think the discipline of listening to your body and doing the right things in life pays-off in a way that only those who have traveled the path can truly appreciate.

#41     Jan 4, 2009
  2. This is a very informative thread. What ratio of D-Phenylalanine, Vitamin B-6, and Vitamin C would you guys recommend? Thanks.

#42     Jan 24, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I just eat a tangerine or take my multivitamin or whatever for the C. I've been putting 50mg [half a 100mg cap, it's cheaper in the bigger doses] of B6 in my coffee, you can't easily overdose on the stuff really.

Hee hee, I went on to raising my serotonin levels with 5HTP and wound up a little crazy-happy the other day.. you need to find your own levels of all these things always keeping in mind that doses too large for too long might be very harmful. Large doses of 5HTP indeed can do heart damage, and kill you in other ways, there is no extensive testing to say how much is too much but I found that 300 mg a day for a week or two will put you over the top on happiness. Some writers suggest that the upper safe long term limit might be at 100 mg.. I'm doing 50 twice a day now, still pretty happy, not giddy exactly but happy enough... at these levels others have said that it takes three weeks to have full effect so I still have a week and a half to go...

I found that a lot of problems go away when your endorphin level is where it should be, sexual performance is way better for me.. wifey is a kinder and gentler person for it :)

#43     Jan 24, 2009
  4. fyshy

fyshy Guest

One of my favorite supplements, Huperzine A:

[​IMG]

#44     Jan 24, 2009
  5. maxpi

maxpi

What does the huperzine A do for you? I read up on it, all the literature seems to be alzheimer's related..

#45     Jan 24, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

infolode .i've got a friend coming off a cocaine alchohlo 10 year addiction,he's going cold turkey with AA,any good books i can suggest he reads?

#46     Jan 25, 2009
  7. sumosam

sumosam

Stages of Change, Prochaska and Declamente. The Gold Standard for when I worked at a prominent addiction research facility. AA does not always work...it is just one approach. Relapse is not failure...this whole thing is a process. Think about recovery from cancer. There are remissions and excerbations. This addiction thing is a disease. Recovery is not usually an all or none thing.

The idea is to make soberity last longer and longer, and relapses shorter and shorter. :cool: :cool:

#47     Jan 25, 2009
  8. Cognitive Therapy books would be good for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_therapy

I have an old book that help me a lot by Dr David Burns. MD. Its call the "Feeling Good Handbook". You friend would benefit from it if he can put in the effort.

John

#48     Jan 25, 2009
  9. where do you folks buy this stuff and what do you stack it with?

#49     Mar 8, 2009
  10. DL-Phenylalanine is available in any health food store. D-Phenylalanine has not hit the shelves yet but you can order it online. Take them with B6 and C.

Nutraceuticals and supplements are making progress much faster than the highly regulated drug industry. Companies are testing ideas from every culture on the planet, seemingly, and new and improved stuff is coming online all the time. I like the USC school of medicine, they test ideas that the AMA has shunned since forever and get them into the mainstream. We definitely need both branches of medicine, I hope that the BO admin does not make a scene and try to put the supplement industry under the FDA like Big Pharma wants to do. I worry about that more than the economic crisis really.

#50     Mar 8, 2009