DL-Phenylalanine

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TraderJoe08, Nov 20, 2008.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Let's see. Keep the info coming!

#31     Jan 3, 2009
  2. Anything for anxiety? I'm on Lorazepam which works friggin great (so does sleeping pills) but just curious what else is out there

#32     Jan 3, 2009
  3. sumosam

sumosam

lorazepam is very similar to alcohol,,,and addicting. also, sudden withdrawal could have side effects. as i mentionned, citralopram, which i take a small dose of, is excellent for anxiety as is remeron

i also subscribed to this site called meditanment...has creative visualization...its fun to use and i find i use it quick frequently. meditation, deep breathing definitely help. as does tai chi, yoga

food is important, in our society we look at drugs first, not nutrition.

#33     Jan 3, 2009
  4. AAA30

AAA30

Before you take anything, herb or drug. Try to adjust your diet to healthy foods(not processed) and do some daily exercise. It works for me and yes I tried the drugs. There are a lot of misinformation and shady marketing in both the drug and natural supplement markets. You especially need to be careful about long term use of herbs or "natural" substances that may effect brain chemistry as some can effect normal production of the chemicals within your body. Drugs like prozac and other inhibitors also do this and can be felt when you go though withdrawals from them.
    So if things are really bad for you first see a doctor but then try the drugs/herbs as a last resort if diet adjustment and exercise do not work.

#34     Jan 3, 2009
  5. I recommend all the brain nutrition I can discover to everybody I know. I'm going through my first winter in decades wherein I am not depressed.

Fish oil does good things for brain and body but it takes a few months to have full effect. D-Phenylalanine raises endorphins wonderfully, I'm taking 1500 mg a day, was up to 2000 mg but it was too much really, was down to 1000 mg, not enough... Phosphatidylserine does wonders for the thinking abilities but raising the endorphins level did the most for me, I work more like the Phd's that I used to admire so much. They worked patiently and thoroughly. I find that is not much a matter of learning how to work but of endorphins levels, how you feel about the work. Low endorphins leads to a restless and anxious state of mind that is counter productive. If you are older take COQ10, great for the heart and the nervous system... I might glom some of the Empowerplus but I suspect that the main helpful ingredient in it is the D-Phenylalanine and I am getting plenty of that currently, happily, I might add!

#35     Jan 3, 2009
  6. As a footnote Phenylalanine competes for access to the blood-brain barrier and needs to be taken on an empty stomach with B6 and C.
    Vitamin B6 and vitamin C are needed as a catalyst. Take with water--not milk, oj, soda etc.
    Consult doctor first especially if taking other meds or history of high blood pressure or depression.
    Start slow...

#36     Jan 3, 2009
  7. promagma

promagma

It's just inflammation ... caused by bugs

All you people have bugs

#37     Jan 3, 2009
  8. Oregano extract and Raid cocktail.

...shaken not stirred.

#38     Jan 3, 2009
  9. promagma

promagma

If only it were that easy :D

#39     Jan 3, 2009
  10. I take it with B6 and C and coffee usually, always on the empty stomach. Supposedly it's rare that it affects blood pressure, I should have it checked though... to me it's worth just about any risks really, you can't know what a life of endorphin deficiency is like, you just can't. I can fully understand how people get addicted to Heroin now, low endorphins just sucks and the therapists will always treat you for low serotonin, 100% of them, 100% of the time it seems. Now that I nave the main problem placated, I can deal with the serotonin levels by cutting back caffeine, having a hobby, setting boundaries, etc. The day I started with the D-Phenylalanine was the day I started to not need coffee... I always felt painful and everything was dreaded before and I drank coffee to just power my way through a day, I now brew it at a quarter the strength and am planning to cut coffee further, I dropped tea like a bad habit, which it is really.... coffee is actually healthy, Americans make it too strong...

#40     Jan 4, 2009