DL-Phenylalanine

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TraderJoe08, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Years of isolation doing nothing but concentrating on your breathing like those monks and you mind degrades, it doesnt become a "superior detached mind"

I can debunk that theory right now that their is no good or bad...watch this!

Being happy = Good
    Being sad & depressed = Bad

People who are sad & depressed say "everything just is" as a way to make them not feel so sad and depressed.

#21     Nov 21, 2008
  2. GTG

GTG

That refutes nothing. Most of the D-phenylalanine does not get converted to L-phenylalanine.

And, So what if a small amount of D-phenylalanine gets converted to L-phenylalanine anyway? That's hardly a reason not to take it. L-phenylalanine isn't some sort of exotic chemical. It's one of the essential amino acids (amino acids are the building blocks for all proteins) which your body absolutely requires for life.

You would die without it, and you ingest far more of it every time you eat a steak or eat a bowl of lentil soup than you'll ever get from taking a 500mg D-phenylalanine tablet. The idea that you shouldn't take D-phenylalanine because a small amount of it might get converted to L-phenylalanine is laughable to anyone who is literate in biology or chemistry. There may be good reasons for why D-phenylalanine might be dangerous (I'm not aware of any, myself), but conversion to L-phenylalanine certainly isn't one of them.

#22     Nov 21, 2008
  3. pclark

pclark

I would think being detached might be good for trading. If you don't give a shit it would make it easy to stay calm and not make bad choices.

#23     Nov 21, 2008
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

could you tell us what works for you?

#24     Nov 22, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

whole foods has an herbal ,red yeast rice/guggl, it is supposed to lower your cholesterol by 25 % over 8 weeks time. Look up both on the web so you no what your taking. T he guggl is an indian herb that accelerates your metabolism slightly. ADD and ADHD are both thyroid gland irregularities. Add has a slighly slower than normal and adhd has a slightly faster than normal thyroid gland. The thyroid gland controls your metabolism.I have add which makes me lethargic and does lead to depression. Mentally if you look at your body like an old car that you are keeping up to date,lethargy could be less horse power than when your car was new, not depressing, just fact.I don't give a shit either, it actually helps in trading because losses take longer to sink in and with discipline ,that may make you a better trader becuase you won't jump out so fast, and with winners you can let them ride becuase you are not so excited about the profits.I look at trading as a game and don't worry so much about the money,just winning the game ,or getting a higher score.I take the redyeastrice/guggl and it helps slightly, but most of the time thats all i need,when i'm very lethargic or depressed i take 1000mg of ginseng, and it works great for about 6 hours, i took a girlfreinds prozac for about 2 weeeks back in '95 and i didnt lke it ,it was too strong. I also take 3 fish oil a day and that helps a lot,you don't notice it 's working til you run out. I don't want any meds becuase they don't really know the long term side affects

#25     Nov 22, 2008
  6. trendo

trendo

Is that stuff made in China?

#26     Nov 22, 2008
  7. CET

CET

I am only aware of red yeast rice being used to lower cholesterol. You need to be aware that it is a statin, which can elevate your liver enzymes, just like the cholesterol drugs. FWIW, the cholesterol drugs were developed from red yeast rice, since the big "dealers" must have a synthetic compound to get a patent and make money. Make sure you do your homework on the amount to take, and buy the red yeast rice from a reputable provider.

Everyone should consider taking fish oil, as it greatly improves brain function. Just make sure it has been distilled to remove any mercury from the source, which is a concern these days as we pollute everything.

If you drink coffee or are not avoiding caffeine I highly suggest you drink green tea. You get the benefit of caffeine without the jitteryness of coffee. In addition, green tea contains EGCG, and it has many health benefits. You can also get green tea extract if you want to avoid the caffeine.

While there are a number of healthy nuts, I believe almonds are the best for you. Walnuts and peanuts have many healthy components, but they are acidic to your system.

Anyone wanting to improve their diet should do a search on foods and body pH. You many also want to check out whey protein, as it gives you protein without the huge acidic impact on your body that meat proteins do.

#27     Nov 22, 2008
  8. If you want to take it to the next level i suggest this book. I read it recently and is.....well....i guess you just have to read it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Voy...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227399477&sr=1-4

#28     Nov 22, 2008
  9. sumosam

sumosam

there is something called empowerplus by true hope....this is being used by psychiatrists with excellent results over medications....not sure how much it costs and haven't used it myself.

prozac is an old, old drug. citralopram or remeron is much better...lower side effect profile. fish oil is excellent.

don't believe the crap about cholestrol myself. many scientists have disagreed with this hypothisis. more and more, it is inflammation which is the culprit.

#29     Jan 3, 2009
  10. Wow, it's hard to know where to start. So much wrong information in such a short post.

In fact, in re-reading this post, I think every sentence is dead wrong!

Sorry man, just had to say something.

#30     Jan 3, 2009