Djer's Forex Trades

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Djer, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Djer

Djer

Hi Cable,

Thanks for the positive comments.

At this time I'm only using the 20 SMA on the 30 min. chart as a basic guide. I found with equities I was too wrapped up in indicators that I ended up hesitating on entry and exit. This time I have vowed to keep it simple - so far, so good. Nevertheless, I would like to hear what indicators you are using and how you choose your entries and exits. I'm always open to new ideas - especially ones that work :D

Jer

#11     Aug 5, 2003
  2. Djer

Djer

GBP/USD - Stopped @ 1.6075 +16 pips

Total since starting thread -10 pips

I must say, that I'm seeing a pattern. Whenever a candle is 35 pips or greater on the 30 min chart, I will close and reverse my position. It seems that a sharp reversal fabricates after one of these candles appear.

Jer

#12     Aug 5, 2003
  3. Djer

Djer

GBP/USD - Short @ 1.6067

Jer

#13     Aug 5, 2003
  4. Djer

Djer

I stepped away for a bit, and 3 of my 4 trades were stopped out. Boy, am I glad this is a demo account while I learn this market.

USD/CHF - Stopped @ 1.3460 -50 pips
    GBP/USD - Stopped @ 1.6117 -50 pips
    EUR/USD - Stopped @ 1.1391 - 50 pips

Total since starting thread -160 pips

I've seen over 50 pips of profit a couple of times, only to have it retrace then get stopped out. I will modify it to 25 pips with a target of 50 pips for all pairs. This give me more cushion against the above from happening again - or so I hope :D

Jer

#14     Aug 5, 2003
  5. Djer

Djer

GBP/USD - Short @ 1.61.57

Reason: Bullish 35 pip candle on 30 min. has appeared - strong probability of a retrace here.

Jer

#15     Aug 5, 2003
  6. Djer

Djer

EUR/USD - Short @ 1.1395
    USD/CHF - Long @ 1.3468

Jer

#16     Aug 5, 2003
  7. Djer

Djer

Ok, I need to take some time to develop a better strategy. This is quite different from equities and has my head spinning a bit more than normal. :eek:

Plus, I am leaving for a three week vacation to backpack Europe. When I get back I will refine my strategy and continue to post. Maybe being in the UK and E-12 will give me some insight on how to approach the pairs... :cool:

Good Trading,
    Jer

#17     Aug 6, 2003