DIY 15.6 inch Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hunter2020, Aug 5, 2022.

1. #11     Aug 5, 2022
  2. YES. Simply search for 15.6 inch 1366x768 laptop screen. Look the product images, locate where is says manufactured by AU Optronics. Then confirm with seller they have AUO screen in stock. Trust me none of you want something manufactured by Samsung or LG or especially Innolux. I don't have any experience with BOE but that should be as good as AUO...

BTW, depending on where you live, Aliexpress accepts Paypal. I never had to divulge my Visa card when buying from Aliex...

#12     Aug 5, 2022
    Sprout likes this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

People don't know the difference between being frugal and being cheap. If you are cheap you spend and end up with mediocrity or garbage. If you are frugal you don't spend much but when you spend you buy the best to fulfill your goals.
    https://money.usnews.com/money/the-.../5-major-differences-between-cheap-and-frugal

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    #13     Aug 5, 2022
  4. M.W.

M.W.

Of course do I know the difference. Being frugal is a smart way to live life. This project is a reflection of being cheap. I can name at least 10 reasons why you don't wanna be cheap in a trading career.

Perhaps I misunderstood, I thought OP is building a monitor on his own by purchasing a raw panel that needs to be wired up, encased and so forth. If he just got some odd dimension monitor why open an entire thread for that?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    #14     Aug 5, 2022