Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drmarkan, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Cesko

Cesko

On the other hand, nobody gives a fuck about you. O Canada...
    You should lick an American ass for providing security for you practically free of charge, idiot.

#11     Feb 13, 2007
  2. tradermaji's idea of courage is singing some dumb songs about Bush and about not making nice . . . figures . . .

#12     Feb 13, 2007
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

So many idiots, so little time...

Let's look at the numbers, shall we? Before the Bush comment here are their sales:

Wide Open Spaces(1998) 12x Platinum
    Fly (1999) 10x Platinum
    Home (2002) 6x Platinum

That is 28 million records for your info...So apparently country music loving people LOVED them. They are among the top 50 best selling artists in the USA...Probably because their music sucks... :)

Then came the Bush comment and they pretty much were shut off of country music playing radios. Their live album still went gold (that is 500K for you).

Their latest album sold 2 million copies still without much airtime in countryland, and yes, they got 5 Grammys for it...

But hey, it is all a left wing conspiracy... :)

Oh yes, they had 9 PREVIOUS Grammys...Probably because voters knew what they gonna say later about Bush...

For extra credit:

Country Music Association Awards
    2002: Vocal Group of the Year
    2000: Album of the Year - Fly
    2000: Entertainer of the Year
    2000: Vocal Group of the Year
    2000: Music Video of the Year - "Goodbye Earl"
    1999: Single of the Year - "Wide Open Spaces"
    1999: Vocal Group of the Year
    1999: Music Video of the Year - "Wide Open Spaces"
    1998: Horizon Award
    1998: Vocal Group of the Year

#13     Feb 13, 2007
  4. Looks to me like their sales dropped 50% from Wide Open Spaces to Home. Seems like quite a drop. That was before the comments as you mentioned. It looks as though their popularity was already waning. Probably the reason they went on the tirade. Looking for a new demographic to buy their album.

#14     Feb 13, 2007
  5. They stood by their convictions when faced with the sudden rash of CD burnings and boycotts. Anyway, history has proven that they were right and dumbya was dumb as usual.

#15     Feb 13, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

You don't know too much about the music business, do you?

Give me any successfull artist and I show you similar drops.

By the way, they had 2 previous albums,before Natalie joined them, so I could argue, that their sales went up 100 times because of her.... :)

#16     Feb 13, 2007
  7. I'm still amazed Bush is president! 6 years now....:confused:

#17     Feb 13, 2007
  8. That is an inarguable fact.

#18     Feb 13, 2007
  9. Let me get this straight...you're a first generation immigrant to Canada, isn't that right?

Absolutely pathetic, but about what I would have expected out of a cockroach like you.

#19     Feb 13, 2007
  10. Usually when record sales are dropping, the group tries to go in a somewhat different direction. Today, that usually means they try to act a little more edgy. That is what the Dixie Chicks seem to be doing here. I mentioned in the prior post (which you edited out when you quoted me) that they were probably looking for a new demographic.

My point is valid about their sales having dropped to that point in time. You provided the numbers proving that. They obviously knew that their comments would alienate their fan base, but they were looking to reach out to a different group in hopes of creating a new base.

#20     Feb 14, 2007