Divorce and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Old School, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Read Jack Shwagner's 'New Market Wizards" there some stories of those who went through divorce and what happend to their trades (was not good)

#11     Jan 31, 2007
  2. Sorry about your wife, AP.

I didn't even know she was married. She just said she "needed a real man..."

No hard feelings?

Just fking with ya! :D

Good luck to all!

:cool:

#12     Jan 31, 2007
  3. Thanks people.

#13     Jan 31, 2007
  4. PLATER

PLATER

Your are real man are you Gibbons??

#14     Feb 1, 2007
  5. Experiencing any loss will have a deliterious effect on your trading.

Losses of loved ones due to change in circumstances, divorce or passing all require a time of respite and reflection.

Once the major mourning is done, try to put your energy and focus into your trading, so that you can use the emotion in a positive fashion.

Good luck, you'll know when it's time to get back on the horsey!

JJ

#15     Feb 1, 2007
  6. Class? What the hell is that? Nobody ever accused me of having class. :D

Hey, sorry if my attempts at "humor" bother anybody, but cummon. That was 5 years ago and he has a new girlfriend and is doing great. I'm certainly not kicking the guy while he's down.

If we can't laugh at ourselves on occasion...

#16     Feb 1, 2007
  7. <i>"If we can't laugh at ourselves on occasion..."</i>

Wayne, we're cool. No worries, time heals (or buries) all wounds. I do enjoy a twisted sense of humor, not sure what that says about me :confused:

As for the OP here, this is a very serious time in life. We do wish him all the best and nothing less.

In my case, my ex-wife remains a very good friend, we're both doing well in life, both moved on, dual happy ending. Holly's ex-husband is practically part of the extended family here, so it is possible to emerge without all the hatred, bitterness and anger too many couples remain mired in.

Divorce is a painful part of life, but there is a good life waiting on the other side :D

#17     Feb 1, 2007
  8. Glad to hear it, AP!

Life's too short to be bummed for very long.

Good luck to you and best to all. :)

#18     Feb 1, 2007
  9. volente_00

volente_00

Look on the bright side, that was 10k less you had to give to your ex.

:)

#19     Feb 1, 2007