Diving head first into the shallow end

Discussion in 'Trading' started by grahamglover, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I have finished just over 6 months of pre-study then quit my engineering job and decided I am going to have a crack at it. I have learnt the Gann techniques.. back traded systems with a few markets, enough to make a very small profit.. Studied nothing more complicated than the squares mentioned by Gann... read some motivational books like Think and Grow Rich.. Secret.. Power of Now.. did a Dr Tharp Peak Performance home study course.. and that is my RESUME. My next goal is to perform well enough with my trading to fly to the states for some workshops by Dr Tharp. I started with but a wee 10K trading account and have had way more battles with myself than the markets...

Throwing it out there to anyone who can contribute to my journey...

First Question: If you can follow any plan to the tee with appropriate money management, from anyone's experience.. how much does the market Analysis contribute or is it 'like building a straw hut'? Should you just have some entry signals and just have the large ones to stick to those signals (assuming that the back testing had a desirable expectancy)...??

Appreciate any response... love the game thus far and even more the learning curve.