Dividend Aristocrats

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by viruscore1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Anyone follow and trade Dividend Aristocrats?
    Dividend Aristocrats are an elite group of 57 stocks that are in the S&P 500 , meet certain minimum size and liquidity requirements and have 25+ years of consecutive dividendincreases, explains Ben Reynolds, a leading expert on income investing, a contributor to MoneyShow.com and the editor of SureDividend.
    https://www.suredividend.com/dividend-aristocrats-list/

2. dozu888

dozu888

dividends are irrelevant... name of the game is buy back.. nowadays.

3. Hate to say but that is a personal opinion. You must be a day trader hahaha. FYI Institutions that buy back their shares, keep their dividend.

4. I like the idea but I also tried to find those where the dividend is likely to grow beyond what the market expects. My yields went up as a result. But I got an extra 1-2% as a result of this. Not fun. So I just have a basket of dividend stocks in multiple industries and just DRIP blindly occasionally checking Fool for the new hotness (got some good tips from there)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    viruscore1 likes this.
  5. When a strong DA stock approaches ex-dividend date. I notice a pattern , the stock price stabilizes with less volatility. IMO institutional traders are long for the dividend.
    There are many ways to take advantage of the pattern.

ironchef likes this.
  6. Ah you meant literally trading. Got it.

7. dozu888

dozu888

I meant that any advantage of div paying stocks are already priced in. I long term hold. Especially stuff that does not pay divs lol. I may even argue that due to income seekers hunger for yield, div paying stocks maybe overpriced.

8. You must be a know it all novice, that’s what they usually regurgitate. Lol

9. dozu888

dozu888

if 20-year experience is called novice... value investing is long dead, in the traditional sense when 'value' is defined on conventional matrix... including div yields.. back test.

10. Yeah 20 years of repeating bad trading habits lol . And you’re convincing others to do the same.

#10     Jun 5, 2019