Diversified currency savings accounts.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DepthTrade, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

You could be correct, but I lessen my commissions by staying in the market IF parameters are continuing to be met. As stated previously, the metrics are constantly changing. So it is relevent to flip certain positions. The only other option is closing out the position and paying to get in and out. Plus it keeps my statistics from being all over the place.
    I do appreciate your opinion, have a good day.

#31     Jan 23, 2019
  2. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

I am going to start holding these positions longer. I had originally done that and it was profitable, but was just looking to save some money. I think my idea is right, but in certain situations the market moves so fast that my data becomes obsolete. Too many variables come into play flipping it on such a short time frame, I'm suffering from exactly what I was warning others about.

#32     Jan 23, 2019
  3. gkishot

gkishot

DepthTrade, do you expect any losing years with your strategy?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    #33     Jan 24, 2019
  4. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

That seems to be in the past. Now drawdowns seem to be a few days until the odds of atleast 50/50 with more targets vs stops being hit, oscillate in my favor.
    How long have you been trading currencies or just trading in general?

#34     Jan 25, 2019
  5. gkishot

gkishot

I don't trade currencies. I was interested in your thread b/c it proposed the idea of using currency portfolio for saving. Do you trade CFDs with Oanda?

#35     Jan 25, 2019
  6. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Ok, thanks again for your interest. Oanda does not/ can not offer CFDs to USA clients. Other countries are able to access those products.

#36     Jan 25, 2019
  7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Wanted to clear up some questions. There are two aspect to what I am doing and variables within one of those.
    One is holding positions with zero leverage, this is done to just maintain equilibrium with the ebb and flow of currency movement. This would be done just to get away from the massive swings that exist in the stock market, daily to yearly swings from a couple percentage points to massive -50% draw downs. Holding my positions, we expect upper single digit percentage gains with draw downs in the tenths of percentage. This may not sound impressive in a bull market, but when things are moving sideways or dropping fast, suddenly it becomes apparent it's the safest bet.
    Second is trading with leverage. This is done for the obvious reason to make money. In my personal account, I am using x14 leverage to build up my account. Backing off when I reach saturation points or I am making enough money to live comfortably how I want to live or the swings become unbearable and stressful.
    In the account I am tracking with, I am using x14 leverage. This is being done to specifically gain some hype around my thread. I don't necessarily recommend this. The problem with trying to attract attention is, it doesn't matter how clever or good at managing funds you are, people want to see those massive gains. Sounds foolish and it is, but people don't care about 9% per year with -0.20% draw down (until the market tanks). They want to see +150% gains.
    So what can people do? You can trade anywhere from zero leverage to a maximum of x14 leverage which is the cap I'm putting on it. We are adults here.

Have a good day and good luck!

#37     Jan 25, 2019
  8. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

So I had to change up my strategy a bit, I was having to wake up in the middle of the morning to re-balance my positions and it was killing me. It was ruining my evening because I had to go to bed early, then ruining my morning because I was then having to sleep in after being up for an hour when I did wake up in the middle of the night.
    Either way, I am still in the game just making the transition to a different set of cycles.

screen shot ET 01 28 19 am 0822.png

#38     Jan 28, 2019
  9. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Cleared this on my private account, about +0.48%
    screen shot gbpjpy 01 28 19 pm 1411.png

#39     Jan 28, 2019
  10. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Good morning fellow traders, let's get pumped up.

screen shot euraud 01 29 19 am 0732.png sceen positions 01 29 19 am 0725.png

#40     Jan 29, 2019