Diversified currency savings accounts.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DepthTrade, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Have increased the account about +0.10%

screen shot ET 01 21 19 am0439.png

#21     Jan 21, 2019
  2. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello fellow traders! Another +$162 cleared.

screen shot ET 01 21 19 pm 1325.png

#22     Jan 21, 2019
  3. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Wanted to show that I am trading my own live personal account. Had some questions about using a demo to track my trades. I have been using a demo to free up my personal account in case I wanted to change leverage, experiment or split it across multiple accounts.
    In the top right corner, in a live account the letter 'A' has black in it and the demo account has white in the letter 'A'.
    I am holding a position value of about 250k USD.
    screen shot ET live account 01 21 19 pm 2024.png

#23     Jan 21, 2019
  4. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Just cleared another +$1129 :cool:

screen shot ET 01 21 19 pm2200.png

#24     Jan 22, 2019
  5. gkishot

gkishot

What criteria do you use to make a decision what currencies to buy or sell and what should be the position size?

#25     Jan 22, 2019
  6. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello gkishot, thank you for your interest in my trading. I am watching a multitude of things. Watching multi commodity butterflys along with technical analysis and spreading the balance evenly across the pairs in play.

#26     Jan 22, 2019
  7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Man, that was a wild ride the last 24 hrs, I guess because of the holiday yesterday. Had lost all my gains made since sunday night, then lost that much more, then made that back and made back a large portion of my original gains.
    Tonight is going to be a good night, I can feel it !!

Live personal account.
    live screen shot ET 01 22 19 pm 2142.png

Demo account to track trading.
    demo screen shot ET 01 22 19 pm 2141.png

#27     Jan 23, 2019
  8. gkishot

gkishot

Are there articles you could refer to in regard to "multi-commodity butterflys"?

#28     Jan 23, 2019
  9. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

"War is all deceit. If you can do something, make the enemy believe you cannot; if you are close, pretend you are far away."

Hello again gkishot. I don't want to be responsible from sending you down a rabbit hole for something that might or might not even exist. Yes I had developed something, but there are so many strategies that exist. The most important thing to learn is how one can enter and exit the market consistently day after day breaking even, then refine it from there. If it did exist and there were articles on it, it would not exist, because it would be traded out. Also, I would be handing you my bread and butter.
    The most important thing is consistency. Even if one does find something that works, variables can change and make a call irrelevant. This is a problem for everyone, even those using the most advanced software, the market is changing instantly and constantly. You can be correct the majority of the time and a fraction of a second later, everything changes. The players change, algos positions have changed. Even the invisible hand 'hft' that we fear is front running because "that's the only thing left" fails constantly, because they're getting in front of trades where the variables are changing too.
    So what's left? maybe nothing. The market could be that efficient. All the success stories we hear about could be outliners, that just happen to be catching a small sliver in decades old ranges.
    When all is said and done, it's all a zero sum game and luck can last a hell of a long time.

Only one thing matters, consistency. The losers are inconsistent.

http://www.btwaters.com/probab/flip/coinmainD.html

#29     Jan 23, 2019
  10. gkishot

gkishot

One thing I see you are doing wrong is you are trading too often for a saving account. IMHO.

#30     Jan 23, 2019