Divergence--untamed beast or man's best friend?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by thruline, Aug 25, 2005.

1. You got so much money ?? :)

#41     Sep 21, 2005
  2. ER9

ER9

The only time iv'e had problems with divergence signals is in moderate to strong trends. Divergent signals alone have been very unreliable for me at those times. Seems very accurate in sideways conditions though and well suited for trading those 3 and 5 minute swings.

#42     Sep 22, 2005
  3. thruline

thruline

Higher TF shows reverse divergence. Big divergence on lower TF. BBs become support/resistance points for profit taking.

BB setup compliments of JR97.

Thru

#43     Sep 25, 2005
  4. thruline

thruline

Very similar setup to previous post on sell side.

Thru

#44     Sep 25, 2005
  5. thruline

thruline

The attached chart shows explosive move after BB contraction on higher TF--with divergence of course.

Thru

#45     Sep 28, 2005
  6. thruline

thruline

Lower TF range contractions line up with resistance on higher TF.

Thru

#46     Sep 28, 2005
  7. thruline,

I'll give away my biggest secret. Divergence goes hand in hand with Trend. Don't forget that you got to read it upside down though.

hph,
    nononsense

#47     Sep 28, 2005
  8. thruline

thruline

Nononsense:

Certainly appreciate the trend considerations for which you are famous. I look for 'divergence continuation' trades that are in keeping with longer term trend; like the one posted prior to your post.

Having said that, trends have to begin somewhere and, when my conditions are met I'll jump in early on a move against the current trend on that TF.

Haven't worked out the upside down thing yet.... :p

Thru

#48     Sep 29, 2005
  9. thruline

thruline

Large divergence, entry above initial resistance on lower TF, confirmation on higher TF.

Thru

#49     Sep 29, 2005
  10. thruline

thruline

This is a continuation move after a sell that didn't work out. Both time frames strong support for buy based on support, price action and divergence.

#50     Oct 2, 2005