Divergence--untamed beast or man's best friend?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by thruline, Aug 25, 2005.

1. thruline

thruline

invaliduser:

Any favorite patterns you look for?

Agreed, without some form of confirmation, it can be a bit like catching a falling knife.

Pat

#11     Aug 25, 2005
  2. More like getting your throat slit... :(

Dude, you gotta pretty up those charts a little. How are you taking
    pics of them and posting them into ET?

#12     Aug 25, 2005
  3. thruline

thruline

77:

I use 'snag it'. I think there are other freeware/shareware proggies out there that do the same thing.

#13     Aug 25, 2005
  4. I have a couple of charts I would like to share but have no clue in how to take a pic and post it directly into the thread so people don't have to open a file.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

#14     Aug 25, 2005
  5. thruline

thruline

#15     Aug 25, 2005
  6. thruline

thruline

The attached file shows a very clear buy signal. As the market rallies to the pivot line, it indicator shows weakness before it stalls out there.

#16     Aug 25, 2005
  7. Eewh, ugly ugly charts. Ugly. I honestly beleive, there is a conspiracy of shitty software out there, to cut through the profits and skill of traders around the globe. Hey, if you disagree-but all my google surfing suggests "divergence" is one of the hardest things to actually program a computer to recognise, period.
    How can this be?

#17     Aug 27, 2005
  8. :D

LOL. Maybe the Ugly charts helps the man concentrate on the "game" rather than admiring his charting software.

PS. I don't like the eSignal LAF either.

#18     Aug 27, 2005
  9. The recognition of any divergence is relatively easy and fast.
    The only thing you need is a clear, unambiguous definition. The rest is trivial. You may have a look at my divergence codes in
    http://www.amibroker.com/library/list.php
    for more details.

#19     Aug 27, 2005
  10. I used the MACD and/or stochastic divergence for light crude oil futures over the last 5 years. The story is ALWAYS the same...
    The last example was a net +40% and it was not bad at all !!

#20     Aug 27, 2005