Divergence Traders - When to Enter

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradersaavy, Nov 2, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If there are any doubts about whether or not the trade is good, dropping to a lower timeframe can usually clarify the setup, depending on the oscillator and settings used.

#51     Nov 7, 2003
  2. Quote from dbphoenix:

That's not too much different from my entry (explained earlier in the thread). Do you have a provision for immediate re-entry, or do you wait for a new setup?

Edit: I should have checked your chart first as I would not have entered there, but my question is still on the table :p

Sorry, I've been out of the pocket. Lost my IB connection. I used to try jumping back in, back lately, I just wait for the next setup.

Now, back to my IB problem...

#52     Nov 7, 2003
  3. Damn...I'm losing my freakin' mind.

Okay, here's my 3rd trade.

#53     Nov 7, 2003
  4. bout time...! :D

#54     Nov 7, 2003
  5. Well, I guess that's it for today. Can't get logged in to IB. :(

#55     Nov 7, 2003
  6. MarkB

MarkB

Sorry about your IB problems Breakout. Seems you're not alone with that today.

I'm not used to this type of chart, the 133 tick chart I mean.

Do you have any guidelines for stop and profit target placement?

Thanks,

Mark

#56     Nov 7, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Did you get back on in time to take that 1240 signal, or did you just say the hell with it?

#57     Nov 7, 2003
  8. Here's the link to a thread that I went into that. I think I started on about page 10. Hope this helps...

Thread

#58     Nov 7, 2003
  9. Hell no...I had to delete my chart back to 11:36 CST. Ensign for IB is great, but there's no backfill for tick charts. I'll let it build for a hour or so, and maybe take another setup.

#59     Nov 7, 2003
  10. Breakout for cryin' out loud, you've been around the block more than a few times and you know what's up in this biz. Would it be too much to ask of yourself to spend $3 a day on a chart package like TS or Esig? :)

#60     Nov 7, 2003