Divergence Traders - When to Enter

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradersaavy, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Ah........... see, that is the interesting part about divergences.
    There are many divergences that I pass on because the price action does not tell me to Just Go.

Of course, in the example that Breakout gave which was a 2T or 2B, this IS price action telling one to Just Go, but it still leads to some interesting discussion (and hence, the reason I started this thread) because even on a 2B/2T, entry may come at a different point from different traders.

Now, I do not want to get too focused on entry in this thread. I'd rather focus on what traders do to decide to enter after seeing a divergence from their indicators because like I mentioned before, there are many divergences that I do not take, or have to wait a while to take and this seems to be the tricky part of divergence trading.

I'll post an example and, perhaps we can discuss when fellow divergence traders EXIT a trade as well. Is it based on the same timframe entered in ? and based on a divergence opposite the direction entered ?

#21     Nov 3, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Are you familiar with Elder's divergence classes?

#22     Nov 3, 2003
  3. When combined with reliable intraday cycle timing method divergence at 10:00 is the one to enter.
    You can see that size of a swings is getting smaller after that, so is chance for a profitable trade

When trading divergences you cannot wait for a confirmation too long, than it is too late. That is why you must have a timing method which will tell you in advance which divergence to take.

Walter

#23     Nov 3, 2003

4. ...........like ?...........................

#24     Nov 3, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Should have seen this coming a mile away . . . :p

#25     Nov 3, 2003
  6. No. If you are referring to classes likes categories, I'd sure like to read your synopsis. If you mean classes like seminars, I'm afraid I am still on summer vacation. :)

#26     Nov 3, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

This is from the book. You may have to zoom on it to read it.

#27     Nov 3, 2003
  8. pspr

pspr

What book are you looking at?

#28     Nov 3, 2003
  9. No.

#29     Nov 3, 2003
  10. Hey that's great, thanks!

#30     Nov 3, 2003