Divergence Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VisionTrader, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Perhaps you guys can PM each other about spam sandwiches with VisionTraders request to keep this thread on topic and "intelligent" comment regarding divergence trading.

Speaking of divergence trading, here is one of my trades today.

#41     Aug 25, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Practically every post of yours plugs this indicator of yours which is to be found on your site along with further plugs for a free 30-day trial subscription. That's advertising.

#42     Aug 25, 2003
  3. NKNY

NKNY

I took the same exact trade Tradersaavy...

How did you come to take that trade....
    I was looking at divergence combined with the last swing low's failure to close or touch outside the lower Bolinger band .
    Also the declining ADX was a plus...

got in at 990.75

Nick

#43     Aug 25, 2003

4. Did you see my chart that I posted a couple posts above ?
    It uses MACD for divergence.

#44     Aug 25, 2003
  5. NKNY

NKNY

T-REX, we wouldn't mind if it wasn't your site.... You make it seem as if your a fellow trader who just happens to be using this great website called Pulsescan. Your name is T-rex and here is what I found on your site:

What is "T-REX"?

T-REX (ie. The Traders "EDGE") is a daily commentary which utilizes Pulse Scan Technology for Short Term Trading Methods useful in Swing trading and Day trading the Stock, Futures, and FOREX Currency markets and etc....

So you see, you have a vested interested in promoting this "Your" site. In fact, you won't stop talking about it... And I'm tired of reading through your spam .

I suggest you speak to Baron and advertise in the proper fashion.

Nick

#45     Aug 25, 2003
  6. NKNY

NKNY

Thats all we ask.

This is a place to exchange ideas with fellow traders and the last thing we want is to turn ET into the Y**** booards...

NK

#46     Aug 25, 2003
  7. (this refers to a previous chart)
    I saw divergence in the 5m on NQ and ES and YM.
    I saw NQ around previous days low.
    I saw ES coming into 30m and 60m simple moving average support.
    Then I waited for entry based on a reversal type of pattern on the 5m.
    However: the bigger picture looked to me like this was a larger timeframe countertrend pullback, like on the 30m/60m so I got out at the first sign of danger. In hindsight, it would have been a nice trade. I was in NQ at 1300 and it trended right up to 1307.5 but I was out at 1302 because it looked like the 15m 20 period simple moving average was going to cause some big resistance.
    This is an area of trading that I am still working on. The relationship of timeframes, that is.

How was your trade on the ES ?

#47     Aug 25, 2003
  8. NKNY

NKNY

the relationship of timeframes are very important. I usually watch the 3, 5 10 30 60 and daily . Weekly also for stocks. unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a move and only have One screen now at my girlfriends home so I'm limited to what I can watch. As you can imagine I have really scaled back my trading because of this... Hopefully the new place will de done soon and I will have my desk set up in about a month. Get it ready for Winter....

I actually got out 992.75 . I used the keltner bands... It was my first time using the keltner bands for an exit. I usually exit on the BBands .... Got the exit idea from No pm over on his journal ES divergence. I just started trading countertrend again, It seems to be a non trending environment we have been in since 6/19... so Divergence trading should be working.

I must say it took me long enough to realize this so we will probably start trending soon....lol

Nick

#48     Aug 25, 2003
  9. Nice TS.

If you can describe your method a little more, it may be helpful.

How do you use the volume indicator with the macd?

#49     Aug 26, 2003

10. I really do not look at volume too much on futures.
    I only look to volume on hammer candles or gravestone doji's at double tops/bottoms. I post some charts.

#50     Aug 26, 2003