Divergence Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VisionTrader, Aug 24, 2003.

1. I think it would still be beneficial to post charts for all trades, even if they are close to real time or after the fact.

#11     Aug 25, 2003
  2. I used to use momentum 20 period for my divergence but I switched a while ago to the MACD 3,14,1 that VisionTrader uses as I see it being very similair to the MOM 20 per., yet a lot smoother.

#12     Aug 25, 2003
  3. Are you a divergence trader?

Do you use a 24 hour time period when plotting ticks?

#13     Aug 25, 2003
  4. Electron,

I agree with you.

My original question is asking why these two indicators look so similar?

#14     Aug 25, 2003
  5. I can't open this. Is it me or is it the pdf attachment:confused:

#15     Aug 25, 2003
  6. I use 4, 13, 1.

#16     Aug 25, 2003
  7. MarkB

MarkB

Not sure why, but you need to save the attachment to your HD first and then open it.

#17     Aug 25, 2003

8. OOOPS. I said 3, 14, 1. A little dyslexia this morning. Sorry.

#18     Aug 25, 2003
  9. MarkB

MarkB

Assuming that you have Acrobat (at least the free reader) installed:

Right click it, choose "Save target as" (also assuming you are using Internet Explorer), and save it to your desktop. Then double click the file.

IMHO it really doesn't show enough info about the indicators being demonstrated anyway. No offense to the original poster of the pdf.

#19     Aug 25, 2003
  10. MarkB

MarkB

LOL T-Rex, it's too early for me to be a'learnin! Didn't realize that it was you who posted it in the first place, I thought you were asking me how to open it.

I'll take a look to see if I can figure out why it didn't open, so you hopefully don't face that again. Might be easier to post gifs instead, since everyone can see that.

It would help though, when posting indicators that are unknown to the majority, if you explained what each line is and what both axes represent :)

#20     Aug 25, 2003