Dissertation research

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by KingPush, Jul 19, 2018.

1. KingPush

KingPush

Hi,
    I am currently doing research for my Masters in Finance dissertation. All I require is for you to answer a few questions and send them back to me, it shouldn't take too long and should be fairly easy to answer. All I require is for you to have been trading for over a year. Please respond either in this thread or in the dms.

Cheers

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Sounds fun. :)

3. cafeole

cafeole

How are you going to qualify the responders? This is an open forum and there are quite a few that will answer that are not qualified.

wrbtrader likes this.
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Which uni?

CSEtrader and wrbtrader like this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Doubt there is any serious Masters dissertation. More like a phishing dissertation.

6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Thanks for honour us with your request! But before we will start posting, as I am sure all of us waiting all this time for someone writing his doctorates and so finally using us as laborotory's mises. This is why some of us came in from noble finance families, others were potcakes, but all together we spend thousand of hours to experience markets before we become profitable. And is the real gift - Toy with Tour doctorate work! Thank you so much for honouring us, by the time were did you study in order to apeoach us in such a manner?, And will you , please, delight us with your description of self-directed individual traders, before we will start to consider your so generous invitation?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    MaxPastukhov likes this.
  7. KingPush

KingPush

The Masters is at Open university. The interview will be with informed consent so you can withdraw at any time and stay anonymous (if you don't want the missus finding out any large losses).

There is no qualification. It is on biases in your own trading so honestly, the more of a mix the better. I put in the guideline of one year as I believe this should provide the trader with more self knowledge, and the more of that the better the answers will probably be.

8. KingPush

KingPush

Still looking for respondents to this.

Here are the questions

1. How do you feel like losses have influenced your trading? What have some of your worst losses been and how did you get through the situation? Do you feel like you trade worse in these situations?
    2. How do you feel like gains have influenced your trading? Do you feel like you trade better when winning? Why?
    3. How aware are you of profit/loss within your trading over 24 hours, a week, a month, a year?
    4. Do you find it hard to accept the variance in trading or do you enjoy it?
    5. When have you taken on too little risk? Why did you do this?
    6. When have you taken on too much risk? Why did you do this?
    7. What sort of state do you feel like you trade the best in? Do you feel like this is under your control?
    8. If you feel like you struggle with any biases, how do you combat them? Or if you did, how have you removed them from your trading?