Dissection of a trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limbo, Aug 2, 2001.

1. limbo

limbo

I'd like to ask experienced nyse traders to please look back upon a trade. Perhaps a trade you made today or whenever. What I'm really interested in, specifically, is a complete description of that trade regarding entry and exit. It's come to my attention that two traders can enter and exit the same stock at the same time and come out with completely different results. I know I can spend time in praetorian2's trading room--the call may be go long xxx--the FINESSE of working this stock-playing it if you will--will determine one traders success and another traders failure. Specifically, I'm interested in limit/market orders-sizing so not to scare-offering out stock. Was it a limit or market order and WHY -what occurred that made you use that execution? Was the limit placed above or below the bid/ask?--by how much?-What were you thinking? what did you see that made you take the route you did? Did you offer out your stock. I know this is a tall order but I believe this is the crux of trading the nyse and examples of this type I'm sure will be incredibly helpful to many of us..Much thanks for all replies

2. You've been in my room for a while. Give me an example from this week, and I'll disect it.