Diss the National Anthem?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big AAPL, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

This is my first post ever in the political forum, because I believe everyone has a right to air his or hers beliefs as a privilege of free speech. BUT guess what...THE NFL has lost all my support (Especially the Jets) for allowing this travesty to unfold. As a veteran I believe we have lost sight of what and who have made us a free country and to turn our backs on the people who have lost their lives to ensure our freedom to make a political statement is just absurd. Turning your back on The National Anthem is just wrong...no matter what you think. I am a diehard American veteran and will die the same...

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/...hem-lift-every-voice-social-racial-injustice/

Clubber Lang and Wallet like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

maybe they should've let them kneel respectfully as originally done. Maybe they ought to go back to no anthem as originally done

3. gaussian

gaussian

Pro freedom of speech but against making their own national anthem.

I think you've got your priorities twisted bud. I don't agree with them doing this but they're a private organization and, if you truly do believe in freedom of speech, then what they did is fine and you vote with your wallet. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.

Hero worship is bullshit anyway. Isn't the fact the country gives you a GI bill, endless dick sucking, free healthcare, cheaper housing, better banking and constant pandering enough for you? I'm pissed that I'm footing the veteran bills instead of halliburton! God, veterans whine more than BLM!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Every sporting event I have been to stood for the National Anthem...Period

FortuneTeller likes this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Weirdly, every sporting event I've been to stood for sport(s)?

6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Fair enough

7. Wallet

Wallet

Your sentiment is shared by millions

Big AAPL likes this.
  8. i think its a total disgrace. Our flag represents the freedom that allows a bunch entitled punks the ability to make millions of dollars playing a game.
    Without the freedom that flag represents, what do you think those players would be doing for money? I will give you a hint : " hello, welcome to MacDonalds".

smallfil and Big AAPL like this.
  9. Kneeling is a sign of disrespect, not respect. Don't fool yourself.

Clubber Lang and smallfil like this.
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I think you are a complete disgrace, and hundreds of millions agree with me if they saw your posts. The players have every right to protest. Guys like you are done we are going to bury you and what you stand for. Marginalize you to the point you might just not want to be you anymore. You won't even know what hit you.

#10     Sep 13, 2020