Disrespect on display

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Jun 22, 2012.

1. jem

jem

thats odd..

and not what I noticed outside of wall street.

I noticed that in many of the weed out industries - which start out with low pay for big pay days later, gays are willing stick around at the low pay levels longer and work their way up the ladder longer. so industries just like finance... say like advertising, fashion, govt, real estate, t.v., agencies and other industries gays are represented very strongly.

If there really were a gay gene, perhaps it is not suited for trading and finance.

#21     Jun 23, 2012
  2. jem

jem

are you sure about 3. I thought the scientific community currently believes it is closely related to a simian virus.

This is just a question... I really have not paid much attention to this since I have been married for a 12 years and I read that it is exceedingly unlikely a heterosexual man will get aids from a woman during normal intercourse.

#22     Jun 23, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

You're right, it does appear to be simian in origin. The latest hypothesis I've read is that human hunters, traveling ever further afield in search of meat, encountered the virus in a formerly unexplored area. And of course hunting is bloody work.

#23     Jun 23, 2012
  4. #24     Jun 23, 2012
  5. Apparently you want to keep thinking being gay is a choice. Why is that? Is it so you can feel somehow morally superior? We know that's a big reason people love their faiths. Thus the phrase "Holier than thou". Is it because your church does not tell you that but instead is stuck with bronze-age "knowledge" ?

#25     Jun 23, 2012
  6. Not to burst your bubble or anything but I could go strictly hetero if I wanted to .
    This bullshit about no choice in one's behavior is simply a cop-out.

It's most notoriously used on gullible juries to accept the unacceptable as rational or justified (himmler just couldn't help himself : he was born that way).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Solution

#26     Jun 23, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

I'm sure it doesn’t matter, but I've mostly respected your opinions in this forum. Though I don't always agree, they seem well thought out. That remains unchanged. I'm glad to see the WH rebuked this behavior, as well. I hope it was sincere on their part.

My point? I was curious to see if those on the left who would use Reagan's name against the right would come to his aid when dissed like he was. I didn't have you in mind when I posted.

#27     Jun 23, 2012