Disqualified from a job because of a book I didn’t read

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WallstYouth, Dec 27, 2005.

1. dac8555

dac8555

i have lots of thing to do very quickly...thi si a diversion. i dont spellcheck to please you or in attempts to avoid your petty insults.

#71     Dec 29, 2005
  2. tomcole

tomcole

'Mozart' is a glaring example of your poor spelling.

#72     Dec 29, 2005
  3. The question may be designed not to query your knowedge about that specific book directly, but to see if you have things in common with their "typical" employee. Did you go to high school, college, where, did you read, what, who were your friends, your parents, etc. In other words, do you match the corp. culture at Bear Stearns.

These kind of questions come up in interviews for elite universities, high schools, etc. I assume that Bear Stearns has some of that inquiry/connection method within their system. It keeps them running and saves them from dealing with the unknown, but also turns away potential superstars.

#73     Dec 29, 2005
  4. Let's not get carried away here! We're talking about a book that just came out this year and, to my knowledge, really hasn't gotten much press except on John Mauldin's web site (www.frontlinethoughts.com).

#74     Dec 29, 2005
  5. dac8555

dac8555

once again...in case you didnt understand the last time i type about 90wpm. i added a letter while typing wuickly...look at the rest of my posts..it happens all the time...not for a lack of spelling ability, it is due to the lack of importance in the context. see..look there i typed a "w" instead of a "q"...not going to fix it. why? becuse typing this entire paragraph only cost me 20 seonds.

are you one of those people that only concentrates on meaningless details in (like the book we happend to be discussing) but misses the big picture? or are you trying to make yourself feel intelligent ?

you can try to challenge my context or truthfulness on anything you like. but expect to lose.

#75     Dec 29, 2005
  6. Manhole covers are round to fit the round pipe. No other reason.

John

#76     Dec 29, 2005
  7. you should state whom this idiot company is.....

also,

these off color questions usually show the limits of the mental capacity of the firm as represented by the interviewer....

go over to Bright, they don't ask questions like those,,,,however the ones that they do ask are directly relevant to your opportunities towards success in these markets....

you'll probably get a truer answer as to whether you can make it in trading prop or not from a straight firm instead of these idiot questions like those...

no interview should abruptly end, no matter what...that show the disposable mentality complex that is inherent in so many underperforming companies....that also shows the glass ceiling is very low in terms of inteligence and open thought....

you're better off anyways....

#77     Dec 29, 2005
  8. D.E. Shaw

was another firm that asked questions that border on illegality in terms of E.O.C.C. interview quidelines and laws...

their stupid question series included a whole host of personal and private financial "pre-qualifier" questions that you have to respond to by email before

you're ever asked in for a face:face interview. Normally class firms that are worth being associated with dignify themselves, no matter how many applicants they have, with a face:face interview instead of all this whimp-ass prequalifier stufff.....

who knows how many qualified persons are not even interviewed because of these impersonal idiot techniques....

who knows how many other firms are created or expanded because they honor people as people instead of these impersonal entities, like these firms treat people now adays....

its good to have competition, as whatever makes one firm so special usually doesn't last long enough for them to capitalize upon before competition adjusts around them....

#78     Dec 29, 2005

9. I end interviews abruptly all the time. If I know the candidate wont work out, I save us both some time by letting him/her know they are not what I am looking for. Then I thank them for coming.

I got a guy about 4 years ago that came in reaking of alcohol. Should I have been "nice" and talked to him for the full hour?

I told him he needs to rethink his interview preparations and never come to an interview after drinking. I should have kicked him in the ass for wasting my time.

#79     Dec 29, 2005
  10. Comic books don't count.

Aldous Huxley's BNW "is" a classic!

#80     Dec 29, 2005