Disqualified from a job because of a book I didn’t read

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WallstYouth, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Probably why we were usually needed to do things that the internal engineering groups could not ......

Most of the time corporate would give us projects and tell us point blank that either the engineering group that had the project was too difficult to work with and was not making progress, or they would just give us the project from the start citing the same problems with their internal people.

The internal groups were never told the true reason that they lost the work and were ultimately given something else of lesser difficulty to work on ....

When we hired people we focused the interview questions on pertinent areas and we always had senior people whose job was to fill in knowledge gaps that junior (and even senior) engineers lacked.

Hiring good people and building great scientific and technical teams is an art that few people or companies master ....

#41     Dec 28, 2005
  2. Perseus

Perseus

http://www.pactamerica.com

Aren't you the guy who was going to save social security?

No offense but how is it you can write up a complex government proposal and contact every member of congress yet can't rustle up a job?

i read that site, that guy's a dumbass

#42     Dec 28, 2005

3. Did somebody call my name? I was resting my eyes sir, I was paying attention though.

#43     Dec 28, 2005
    #44     Dec 28, 2005
  5. That's an old one. I had that one many years ago from Susquahanna I think.

Why is a manhole cover round?

#45     Dec 28, 2005
  6. Because the Manhole is round?

#46     Dec 28, 2005
  7. I have seen former colleagues ask BS questions just to get rid of someone who they simply don't like: dirt poor, gay, black whatever.

The reason they don't show you the door up front is fear of lawsuits, so they ask those questions to have a defensible justification just in case.

#47     Dec 28, 2005
  8. It also could be that it was just a coincidence that the interview ended there. Abstract questions seem like a logical place to end, if you are going to ask them at all.

my 2 cents.

- The New Guy

#48     Dec 28, 2005
  9. Josh009

Josh009

You probably wouldn't want to work for a smug prick like that anyway...

But, read "How would you move mt fuji" anway.
    It's all about that kind of question, and how to answer them. Based on msft's interview process, it's a quick & easy read, and you can never be too prepared for an interview.

#49     Dec 28, 2005
  10. The answer to this question is "Why does the manhole has to be round?"

The one who provided with this answer got the job. The manhole at his hometown is in fact, a square.

#50     Dec 28, 2005