Disqualified from a job because of a book I didn’t read

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WallstYouth, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Where the hell do you think a manhole cover goes?? You do know what a manhole is, don't you?

#101     Dec 30, 2005
  2. This is what you said:

"A manhole is round because it's the only basic shape that CANNOT fall through the ground at any angle."

get the joke?

#102     Dec 30, 2005
  3. #103     Dec 30, 2005
  4. Even dumber is missing the bad joke completely and actually looking for a google link lol.... Did you know gullible is the one search word that does not come up on google?

#104     Dec 30, 2005
  5. My mistake: I tend to overlook such trite amusements. Glad you had a laugh, though. Slow day?

#105     Dec 30, 2005
  6. BEYOND slow.... I already counted the ceiling tiles and changed the colors of my price charts to pink and yellow lol...

was just having some slow day fun ;) Sorry :)

#106     Dec 30, 2005
  7. Those guys were the last to even have a Website. Old Stodgy and cranky, would describe them.

They would be the last to adjust to anything new, LOL!

#107     Dec 30, 2005
  8. Um Excuse me?

(Bias note: I am an employee here)

Pretty interesting. We're not all old, stodgy, cranky folks (I'm cranky only when i show up here with no coffee.

Internally, we have a lot of technology and shit gets done. Does SAC Capital have a website? No. Citadel? Partially.

I'm surprised they asked you about this book though.. I never got asked that. The only thing they asked me about when interviewing was what are some of the considerations you have to deal with in treasury bond deliveries. I gave him a nice 5 minute explanation that left his poor lil head spinning.

Oh, I think i had to answer one of those stupid 5 year questions too..

#108     Dec 30, 2005
  9. tomcole

tomcole

Bear is a pretty heads-up firm. It used to be considered scrappy even, years ago.

#109     Dec 30, 2005
  10. Hey I was with Morgan Stanley for a while.

Talk about STUPID.

Here's what they did with online trading, "Hey, if we double the online Commission we will double our Profit" "lets do it"

Brave new world, yeah, lets have a brave new world, ignore the new, and try old ideas.

Inturn Morgan Stanley no longer has an online discount brokerage.

#110     Dec 30, 2005