Disputing an IB trade

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Toonces, Feb 23, 2006.

1. about 5 years ago - I had the same problem with IB -

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Chances are, you accidently selected either a market order or a limit order at 11.00.

Made the same mistake before. :)

Good Luck!

#12     Feb 23, 2006
  3. alanm

alanm

Can you be more specific then, GTC? I know that there was an issue if you change the size of an order that has already been partially executed, and that there was a change to what actually happens when you do this a couple years ago, though I don't know what it does now. That is, if you have an order for 500 shares and it gets partialed for 200, and you then change the qty to 600, whether you are asking for 600 more (total 800) or 600 total. None of which, of course, has anything to do with changing a limit price.

#13     Feb 23, 2006
  4. GTC

GTC

alanm, I am not even talking about changing an order after a partial fill. Those two simple examples are very clear cut. IB transmits those order without difficulties. You will find out those discrepancies in Trade Summary. It were not even the cases in which TWS thought an order was just partially filled. The point is IB's order accepting system does have annoying bugs that can change the user defined inputs without valid reasons even long after accepting and transmitting the orders.

#14     Feb 24, 2006
  5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I am not aware of any obscure bugs, but would very appreciate specifics so that if they exist, we can fix them.

(Unfortunately I can't work with what you posted earlier).

Thanks.

#15     Feb 24, 2006
  6. Hoi

Hoi

I think it is not made that way.....

The Attached-Order will only become active when the Original-Order is fully filled...then the Order-size of the Attached will be changed to the MATCHING number of the Original....at least that is the way it was originally build (and intended to be used)...The Attached-Orders are for Brackets and Stops...and actually I'm very surprised to see that you can attach a Limit (Target in the bracket-concept) without a Stop or StopLimit......Years ago when I tested it extensively it was not possible to attach a Limit to a Limit order (like in your example)...so my question: how did you do it?...
    Anyway...I think it can explain that Order-size is changed when the Original-order is fully-filled.

Hope it helps
    Hoi

#16     Feb 24, 2006
  7. GTC

GTC

Hoi! Note that I mentioned the orders got *fully* executed according to IB's system.
    It was not the case of partial filled order. In the case of a partial filled order, the rest of the order could have been visible in TWS' Pending page. How old TWS version do you use? :) You should be able to attach an order as in my examples.

IBsoft, I notified IB about it in details a while back. I do not want to recreate that order at my expense again. In your real debug account, just transmit those orders and you yourself will see the discrepancy.

#17     Feb 24, 2006
  8. bpl1000

bpl1000

This is probably not the best place to post this... but since the thread is talking about bugs- has anyone noticed any ticker symbols randomly "disappearing"??

Not a big deal, since it's quick to reinput the symbol, but I was wondering if it was happening to anyone else.

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. ids

ids

You are probably exceeding the 100 symbols per page limit.

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. hello ... I do not wish to dispute a "trade" I made

but something happened to me last night
    that has not happened in a few yrs

I placed my mouse over the offer price
    on my TWS screen
    but I did not click on mouse
    and was using limit order
    immediately I was executed at the offer

the same thing happened to me with placing
    my mouse on bid price on my TWS screen
    using limit order and without clicking on mouse
    or transmit in any way ... there was immediate
    execution of a sale in my acct.

I called IB overseas to mention I had no idea what was going on ... but then realized that my
    apple computer or java was acting strange
    on my screen elsewhere as if my mouse was
    under its own control ... I was able to press down
    hard and force my computer to restart
    that seemed to fix my problem for now
    but I am nervous ... about what happened

:eek:

#20     Feb 24, 2006