Disktrading data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by RapidEye, Feb 24, 2004.

1. RapidEye

RapidEye

Dows anybody know if they have quited ?

I am trying to contact them at disktrading@is99.com and order@is99.com but both addresses seem to be inaccessible.

Is there anyone here that bought data from them the past few days ?

thanks for any help

2. traderob

traderob

I bought a full package a couple of weeks ago. They put it up immediately on ftp for download plus sent the cds airmail.
    Very satisfied.

3. These guys are fantastic. I just spoke to Iavor last week at that same address.

4. jay567

jay567

They're still running... just got an email from them today.

5. TraderD

TraderD

Could you share a few points on what makes them good in your experience. I am looking for a good data.

6. bluestar1

bluestar1

As of Jan 13, 2015, it doesn't seem to work anymore.
    I paid through 2co.com following instructions on disktrading website, but never got the product.
    No email response from the owner and phone numbers dead as well. The 2co.com couldn't do anything and I called my credit card to dispute the payment. Hopefully you won't have to go through the same thing.

7. bluestar1

bluestar1

Update: interesting, the owner finally got in touch with me, and he is back...

z3bra likes this.
  8. z3bra

z3bra

Have you had any further issues with this supplier @bluestar1 ? How would you rate their data quality?

Has anyone else dealt with this company lately? It looks like the website hasn't been updated since 2014. I wonder if they are still operating considering the recent feedback.

9. bluestar1

bluestar1

I haven't used data extensively, but from what I can tell, the data quality is ok. Basically it seems to be a big continuous contract grabbed from some live feed.

On the business side, my feel is that the owner is not "actively" operating this anymore, so if you just need to do a one-time job or use it as a second source comparison, I think it's good enough ( if you can get hold of him), plus, you can't get anything cheaper!

But if you want a serious data vendor you can rely on and ask questions, you need to find an alternative source.

z3bra and jharmon like this.
  10. jharmon

jharmon

When I previously looked at it (and bought it) disktrading used the same symbols as eSignal. Same quality (crap).

#10     Oct 13, 2015
    z3bra likes this.