disk boot failure, insert system disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kicking, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Thanks Trendy I'll try that too. I have another small problem now, I imported my favorites list from my main machine, I couldn't really mix the bookmarks to those already there so it's in a separate file within the favorites but whenever I go to one of the links in that file the url appears in another browser window , the first or the second I opened (I have 4 or 5 open and use the favorites in the last one opened) . If I use the links that came preloaded or type the url no problem ...

#11     Nov 30, 2003
  2. trendy

trendy

Hmm, I'm not sure about that one. Have you tried closing all the browser windows, then re-opening a new browser, then trying the bookmarks?

Also, unless you want to save the old pre-loaded bookmarks, you could just take your old bookmarks file from your main computer, and copy them into the folder in the new computer that contains the pre-loaded bookmarks. This will copy over the pre-loaded bookmarks with the old ones. Then. close all browser windows and re-open.

To find where the pre-loaded bookmarks are located, just go to Start, then Search, and if your are using a Netscape browser, type bookmarks. If using Internet Explorer, type favorites. In either case, if you are running Win2000, you should find them in a sub-folder under C:\ Documents and Settings. If you want to, once you find it you can delete the old Bookmarks/Favorites file first before pasting the new one, that way the old one will be sent to the recycle bin, and can be retrieved later if necessary.

Hope this helps.

#12     Nov 30, 2003
  3. thank you trendy, this problem with the favorites is just weird, also when I copied the file on a floppy all the favorites got sorted alphabetically so I have to reaorganize them manually anyway, so I just put the links in the main list one by one as I need them. Once they are in the main list (out of the file) no problem.

#13     Dec 1, 2003