Disinformation, distractions and influencers here on ET

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gringinho, Oct 6, 2008.

Are there active attempts at organized political disinformation her on ET?

1. Yes, there are seemingly organized groups of people consistently pushing political agendas

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No, "I now nooothin..." (Manuel - Fawlty Towers)

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. wjk

wjk

I didn't say that.

I watch cartoons every day. It's called the mainstream media. You know, that shit you watch and believe every day.

#21     Oct 7, 2008
  2. wjk

wjk

Do you consider Ayers an extremist? Would you have considered Davis an extremist, or just your friendly commie next door? Do you know enough about BO to know what he really believes, because if you do, you know more than most.

You've agreed with me in the past about media not reporting facts. You know the media loves BO. So what makes you think you know him? I've researched his voting record, his policy statements, etc. I have a lot of unanswered questions, and his associations are fair game. Are all your questions answered? With all due respect, and you have my respect, you live in Brazil so why do you care?

#22     Oct 7, 2008
  3. wjk,
    so what support have Obama shown for the actions of extremists? If most media reflect public opinion, are they unfair?
    I hear you saying others are extremists, but how about Obama - is he an extremist?
    :)

#23     Oct 7, 2008
  4. wjk

wjk

perhaps the other way around:

THE AYERS/OBAMA TIMELINE: (Version 2.0; a work in progress; dates are approximate)

1981-1983 [William Ayers and Barack Obama meet at Columbia?]

1987 William Ayers links up with Barack Obama in Chicago

1988 Ayers solicits Khalid Al-Mansour to raise money for Obama's Harvard law School education

1989 Tom Ayers and William Ayers get Obama a summer job at Sidley & Austin (where he meets Michelle Obama); Ayers' wife Bernadine Dohrn also worked at Sidley at about the same time as Barack and Michelle.

1993 Ayers places Obama on Woods Foundation

1995 Ayers makes Obama Chairman of Annenberg Challenge

1995 Ayers hosts a coffee klatch for Obama's political debut (Obama falsely claims this is when he met Ayers)

2007-2008 The structure of Obama's presidential campaign increasingly comes to resemble an Ayers-designed national "community organizer matrix" straight out of Maoist theory. This is not merely a presidential "campaign." Obama's organization is the first installment of an ongoing movement being paid for with tax-exempt contributions to his campaign, approaching half a billion dollars.

2008 Obama In response to ABC News, Obama tells a national TV audience he was "six years old" when Ayers bombed federal buildings, and they are only casual neighborhood acquaintances. A lie.

From this article.
    http://www.pr-inside.com/did-barack-obama-meet-william-ayers-r802063.htm

I have not researched the article to determine if it is biased, but it raises some interesting questions. I personally believe we have a right to answers before we place the most powerful position in the world in the hands of a reasonable unknown. His friends don't like this country. That is cause for great concern...in my opinion.

#24     Oct 7, 2008
  5. Are you serious?

You actually believe that there are people on this forum who are paid by the powers that be to post bullshit?

No doubt that there is disinformation in the media. Cable news, 60 minutes, TV shows, etc. But if someone wanted to disinform the public, why would he/she post here?

This forum is targeted towards traders/trading gurus/wannabe traders. The vast majority of the people who actually use the internet have little understanding of how a market works and no interest in learning.

A disinfo artist would have better luck frequenting a pop culture forum, a sports forum, or even a real news group.

Sorry, but I don't follow your logic on this one.

#25     Oct 7, 2008
  6. wjk

wjk

I don't say one way or the other, but that is the question. Is he? Do we want the answer before he is elected, or after? Many people hang with like minded individuals. That's usually the foundation of great friendships, business relationships, etc. If he is not an extremist, let him open up his past to those who wish to know.

#26     Oct 7, 2008
  7. Yes - THAT is the question. But just leaving the question there, without any structure as to backing it up --- that is weak in terms of integrity, basis and reality.

#28     Oct 7, 2008
  8. wjk

wjk

Gringinho, you and I had a great discussion on indoctrination and open minds the other day. I thought about injecting faith into that discussion, but did not. I will here, however.

I might have an open mind about BO if I knew more about him. I believe to vote for him without these questions answered would be an act of faith. I simply cannot vote on faith.

He has voted present far to often, has questionable friends, and won't reveal his past. Should I not be concerned?

#29     Oct 7, 2008
  9. Be concerned, sceptical and show good perception.
    Do your due diligence before voting, use your capabilities for reasoning, informing yourself and above all - think.

Then your trust, belief - or "faith" - comes easier to you, because you use personal integrity.
    But be also aware of flaws of belief systems - if you need "forgiveness" all the time - you probably need to think longer.

#30     Oct 7, 2008