Disheartened.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Bogwaluth, Jun 27, 2006.

1. BCE

BCE

Agree with most of what's being said here in response to your post. Maybe scalping's not your gig. Everyone's different and not everyone's cut out to be a great scalper. Why fight that? If you're good trading futures (although there seemed to be a bit of lack of certainty in the way you said it) then why not just trade futures. Or there are a million other trading vehicles. Just have to find what suits your skills and personality. Just because one person is really good at scalping and makes lots of money doing it doesn't mean you can do the same. Larry McMillan trades options, Linda Bradford Raschke does futures. They're both very good at what they do.

#21     Jun 27, 2006
  2. qxr1011

qxr1011

IMHO - forget about scalping...

#22     Jun 28, 2006
  3. hrmmm...

Back when I was in prop. and started... one of my mentors told me when I first had a slump like you...

"Take a week off from trading and just follow the market. I think you're trying to trade too much, and losing focus. You have to remember that you trade the market, nothing else"

#23     Jun 28, 2006
  4. That's good. I like that.

#24     Jun 28, 2006
  5. still no answer - why change from the futures (where you were reportedly profitable) to stocks?

Jesse Livermore: "It was my sitting that made me the money, you hear that: my sitting tight!"

Maria

#25     Jun 30, 2006
  6. I work on a computer project for myself. They normally stop asking any questions after that. (Yes, I need to access the internet a lot, I do a lot of research on how to do certain things, lol)

Maria

#26     Jun 30, 2006
  7. sorry for the lack of answer. I still trade futures, just not intraday. This is just another addition to my trading career. I like to constantly learn new stuff. :)

#27     Jun 30, 2006
  8. Good thread...If you are making money at something then stick with with , its the bottom line.
    Although learning about new approaches is where the journey begins anew.:)

#28     Jul 1, 2006