Discussion 70% U S Tax Rate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ajacobson, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Sig

Sig

So what is bureaucracy? Is that the soldier sitting around doing nothing while he isn't fighting a war, or you paying for my military retirement (military spending is more than half of U.S. discretionary spending)? No, not those brave patriotic folks, then it must be those lazy ass PhDs at CDC, what the hell are they sitting around in their little labs doing all day? Not them, must be the National Park Service rangers, bureaucrats every one right? OK, it's none of the government employees actually providing services, it must be all the folks that are in charge of the government folks providing services. They're the real bureaucrats, the GS 14s and 15s sitting around setting up internal procedures and drafting contingency plans and overseeing procurements. Guess what, as a former senior officer in the military I agree with you...... but....those positions only exist because you the taxpayer demanded that they do. You convinced yourself that the majority of government employees are lazy, worthless, layabout bureaucrats and passed a bunch of laws that require an extreme level of oversight over every aspect of every government employees life. And that requires a fairly sizable bureaucracy to establish and run, one that most people in government would gladly jettison if you got rid of the requirements that make it necessary.
    So stop "betting" and take the time to actually figure out a real position, a real expense, a real person, who represents this "bureaucracy" you hate rather than the faceless beast you hear about on Fox and Breitbart and the Daily Caller. And work to get solve the problem they were put there for in a way that doesn't involve the bureaucracy. Harder than you think, turns out those of us who worked in government aren't idiots it's just really hard shit. That would be doing something useful, and I feel like you're the kind of guy who wants to be useful, not a grumpy old man ranting at clouds right?

#51     Feb 14, 2019