Discretionary vs Mechanical Trading Benefits and cons?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iamnewuser911, Nov 12, 2017.

1. You're not, not your not.
    Yeah, I guess you saw me down at the soup kitchen!!

#21     Nov 12, 2017
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

My account is in profit so yep, not full time, not making enough to live off.

You just sound like a newbie that has no idea what he's up against.

#22     Nov 12, 2017
  3. Yeah, only been at this for 2 days now. Looking forward to your valuable teachings!

I'd love to continue this oh so intellectual conversation, but it's time for me to put on my Mickey Mouse pajamas and go to bed.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    #23     Nov 12, 2017
    themickey likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Your too arrogant to learn anything, thanks for all the money you lose every little bit lost helps us profitable people!!

#24     Nov 12, 2017
  5. ironchef

ironchef

I think he/she is the real deal, you are taking money from us mom & pop small retail traders and not him/her.

#25     Nov 12, 2017
  6. By no means! You teach and I'll learn!

#26     Nov 12, 2017
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Really damn it,hate him even more

#27     Nov 12, 2017
  8. Trading is part art, part science...each new day, and each new chart is a unique....dynamic ratio between those two.

It takes a skilled/discretionary trader to realize that and adapt to that and understand and trade that.
    Gains (and likewise losses) could be bigger if you're able to maximize and foresee that.

I've been staring exclusively at the SPY, S&P 500, chart daily for the past 8 years. I like to think I kind have a slight grasp on this topic.

#28     Nov 12, 2017
  9. userque

userque

Do you believe someone that has looked at the same *historical* daily charts...in a matter of days, can derive the same insights as you? If not, why?

#29     Nov 12, 2017
  10. Not necessarily;

it takes Time...to build collective wisdom and market and trading philosophy.
    And mental maturity and fortitude, and execution abilities.

Trading is incredibly complex -- Having just one insight intact is not nearly enough to succeed.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    #30     Nov 12, 2017
    smileypete likes this.