Discretionary Trading by Tiras

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Tiras, Feb 9, 2013.

1. "all-in" is not a word used by responsible professional traders..this word is only reserved for gamblers

#21     Mar 31, 2013
  2. Tiras

Tiras

I am looking for a break of megenta trendline and resistance of SPY 155 to confirm the turn of the intermediate-term trend. Untill that happens, my view is that we are in the weak uptrend and the pullback this morning is corrective.

[​IMG]

• spy.png
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
    #22     Apr 1, 2013
  3. magicz

magicz

I am a DT too but your "all-in" kind of surprise me. what is your edge on this trade? there's only 3 possible outcome market go up, down and sideways and you lose big 2/3. I hope you hedge a little.

#23     Apr 2, 2013
  4. Tiras

Tiras

Agreed, but my estimate of probabilities is not 1/3 each. Also, I fully realized that market could go up after I entered the trade and then decline to my point of entry at some point before expiration where higher ivol will fully or partially offset accumulated negative theta. My estimate at the time of the trade was that odds were significantly in favor of lower prices or same prices with higher ivol in the next 30 days; so I took a plunge.

#24     Apr 3, 2013
  5. Looking forward to some more trades.

#25     Apr 4, 2013
  6. Tiras

Tiras

I got out of the option trade this morning (trade screenshot is below) for 9.25 pts gain before commissions on 15 contracts:

Bought at 20.75
    Sold at 30.00

The reason I got out is that cash market opened at resistance with a significant gap down; therefore, the odds were high for some kind of rebound. In addition, I did not want to stay with the options trade over the weekend. Unfortunately, I didn’t trade the rebound as I was tied up in meeting at my regular job, and did not want to trade from a phone. I will provide account summary over the weekend.

I will be back to trading futures next week, done with options until volatility goes down.

[​IMG]

#26     Apr 5, 2013
  7. Tiras

Tiras

Below is the summary of my trading since account inception through last Friday - April 5, 2013.

[​IMG]

#27     Apr 8, 2013
  8. Tiras

Tiras

Midday Update 2013.04.08

SP500 is in downtrend based on 30 min timeframe. My view that the pullback that started at the market open on Friday provides good shorting opportunity. I am already short futures at 1,546.50.

[​IMG]

• spy.png
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
    #28     Apr 8, 2013
  9. Nice job on the recent EQcurve.

Take a look at the 60M, the downchannel from 4/4 is already broken--> sideways...upwards. The 4/4/ channel 'broke' at day end of 4/5. (I only use 24 hr charts ES for the channels however = different perspective)

#29     Apr 8, 2013
  10. magicz

magicz

hmmm the latest trade is not moving in your favor have you gotten out?

#30     Apr 13, 2013