Discrepancies btwn iqfeed and ib data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Sakaba, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Sakaba

Sakaba

going back and comparing the data from the feeds reveals an astonishing number of discrepancies for the ES contract. I am wondering if this is normal and if so what is the reason. Would you recommend that I suck it up and pay the extra 20 a month to get rt data from iqfeed, because at this point it seems ib data is lacking. I am using the NT market replay recorder to record the ib data feed and comparing it to the 1 min charts using iqfeed data. The discrepancies have been on the order of actually determining whether automated trading strats are triggered or not, which is obviously a pretty big deal for me.

2. IB's data is not true tick data where IQFeed's is.

3. Yeah, you have to pay the money for IQ Feed if you want reliable data.

Welcome to the semi-pros. :)

4. pspr

pspr

IB says they send representative quotes. They don't send every tick and many are bad ticks (at least in ES and NQ). I often see a trade at my stop but the stop isn't triggered and I have the orders at the exchange not the simulated two trade type on the IB server.

I notice on my esignal feed that the trade at my stop often is not recorded so it musy be just a bad trade reported by IB. Happens all the time.