Discovery confirms biblical account of Jerusalem

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 1, 2018.

1. tomorton

tomorton

I wouldn't have thought there was much reason to doubt the biblical statement that Jerusalem had a governor 2700 years ago, its not very contentious given the region's development by that period. That's about all this discovery proves.

#11     Jan 10, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. tomorton

tomorton

Not strictly true. The US years ago accepted Jerusalem as Israel's capital and that the US Embassy should be moved there. All Trump has done is confirm the Embassy will move to Jerusalem but he has waived the legislation to actually do this like all those before him since 1995. So he's done his usual - a lot of bombastic signalling to his supporters, but the situation remains the same after the dust settles.

#12     Jan 10, 2018
  3. stu

stu

I agree.
    The thread title is bullshit and indeed as already pointed out, likewise anyone reading Harry Potter 2,700 years in the future wouldn't have much reason to doubt London had a particular rail station named King's Cross and a Mayor to go with it either.

Well yes, but if you don't mind me saying, not strictly true to the point of pedantry.

The point being , a religious artifact happens to pop up in the mix of what you correctly describe as bombastic signalling by Trump, to conveniently infuse historically dangerous factions with further religious nonsense by which a whole area has already been basically politically screwed by for generations.
    No doubt intended to assist some so called Christians to reinforce their mindsets with a few more deluded self-satisfying conclusions of their own.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    #13     Jan 10, 2018
  4. jem

jem

moronic assumption...
    the format carried over from the article I pasted. (i think I did remove the bold) you would understand the problem if you ever tried to back your rants up with links to realty.

and you logic is shit too.
    you questioned the experts basis for asserting its provenance.
    my link explained some of their reasons.

#14     Jan 10, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey, at the bazaar I bought the nails what Jesus were put up with. It is all proven...

#15     Jan 10, 2018
  6. stu

stu

Jumping to the wrong conclusion, pasting a wrong link, as usual displays either you can't or won't understand what's being said.
    Or you're a complete idiot.
    Odds are firmly on the latter.

#16     Jan 11, 2018
  7. jem

jem

there are only a few trolls willing to misrepresent what just happened a page or 2 prior.
    you are one of them.

you said... my capitals were shouting showing I was angry.
    I explained the format carried over from the article I pasted.

You jumped to wrong conclusion.... again.

#17     Jan 12, 2018
  8. jem

jem

for those who don't wish to read stu's garbage a few pages back.

#18     Jan 12, 2018
  9. stu

stu

Your whole post, not just text from your (wrong!) link, was in shout sized font.
    It is easy to adjust the font size.
    When you posted you must have seen it was in shout sized font.
    If you didn't want to shout, why did you shout.
    Why do you think when you shout people shouldn't think you are shouting.
    If it was the case you didn't mean to shout, how come instead of just explaining you didn't mean to shout, you made a ludicrous excuse and started name calling again.
    How come you think others are to blame for your own cock ups.

The answer to all that ....
    because on these types of threads and similar ones, you always get so angry.:p

btw as usual you've still done nothing to explain why you gave an incorrect link to the wrong artifact, proving the point there are many of these artifacts popping up a lot of the time and, why or how the claim made in the title of this thread is anything else but fake.

#19     Jan 13, 2018
  10. jem

jem

go ahead cut and paste the article and then record how you change the fonts.
    if you can show me how to do it quickly and will follow your instructions going forward.

If you are using a windows p.c. you may find it harder than you expect. but maybe not.
    stu you are the rabid evengelical atheist who gets upset at most every statement about God or Jesus.

You not believing in God... is fine with me.
    In the end I see as it between you and God, not me and you. But if you post stuff that is wrong and I have the inclination, I will correct you. Not because I am angry but because I can.

#20     Jan 13, 2018