Discovery confirms biblical account of Jerusalem

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 1, 2018.

1. stu

stu

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and lo, it came to pass, that an artifact, inscribed in Hebrew as “belonging to the governor of the city” (begging the obvious question which city - could be from any city) is resurrected.
    Praise be.

Interesting how people make all these so called biblical artifacts appear so timely and conveniently.

2. jem

jem

so your discounting what the experts are quoted as saying without any counter info?
    are you disputing what they said in the article?
    on the basis of what expertise are you disputing?
    your anti trump expertise or anti bible and hatred of christianity expertise?

3. stu

stu

If you weren't such an angry , paranoid reactionary, you might be able to understand what I said.

4. jem

jem

anger.. says the evangelical atheist who shits on every God or Jesus religion thread on ET... with lies and bullshit.

5. stu

stu

Remove a single letter from your unintelligent response.....
    anger.. says the evangelical theist who shits on every God or Jesus religion thread on ET... with lies and bullshit.
    ...and considering your posting history, that's a lot of unintentional unconscious self-reflection you have going on there.

Can you even offer a coherent reason why this artifact said to "support the Bible" can give any more legitimacy to it than London's King's Cross Station gives to Harry Potter.

No, of course you can't.

6. Hey,guys!There was a Carribean queen and now we are sharing the same crib!!!:D:D:D

bullmarket79 likes this.
  7. jem

jem

your asking me for proof? I was not supporting the article I was asking on what basis were you making your criticism.

here was my first 2 lines to to you...

"so your discounting what the experts are quoted as saying without any counter info?
    are you disputing what they said in the article? "

am not angry, I was happy to point out you shit on almost every thread which mentions God or Jesus or the Bible.

8. jem

jem

"A conservator shows a 2,700-year-old clay seal impression which archaeologists from the Israel Antiquities Authority say belonged to a biblical governor of Jerusalem and was unearthed in excavations in the Western Wall plaza in Jerusalem's Old City" (see picture at the link...)

So Stu.. are you saying this expert is wrong based on some sort of expertise... or were you just trying to shit on this thread?

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/archaeology/1.695308

If you were to say spend 5 minutes doing research you would know they even found a 2700 year old seal with Kings name on it what was probably the the very building it would have been used.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. stu

stu

If you did some research you'd notice your link is to a different seal, not the seal in the OP of this thread. In fact it is in an article a year earlier.:rolleyes:

The current artifact happened to conveniently turn up along with a controversial political move. Which is of course what I was saying.

Trump does something to play to Jewish politics and voila, as if by magic, yet another artifact pops up, supposedly in support of the Bible (which of course it is nothing of the kind), as if to offer up some form of rapprochement between two self-righteous, mutually self-aggrandizing religious beliefs .
    Yet in fact there is no more support here than there is for any other fictional book containing real place names.

Of course you're not angry Jem...that's why you shouted a post while unwittingly making my point.
    I know, you're just trying to...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    #10     Jan 10, 2018