Discipline

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by GD2KNO, Dec 2, 2002.

1. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

After a long battle and great expense I found the only way I could trade with the necessary discipline to make consistent profits was to subscribe to a live service and follow their signals.

I no longer have the stress, and for the first time am experiencing consistent profits.

"Passive" trading may not be for everyone, but making money for a change is sure nice for a change.

I just can't help wondering how many other traders are finding that they are their own worst enemy?

2. ctrader

ctrader

who are you subscribing to, and what type of signals are you getting?

3. qdz

qdz

Me! Myself is one of my toughest enemies. I cannot beat myself because I never quit. Quiting should be inevitablely my ultimate solution.

:p

Special interest groups represented by regulators and brokers are some others enemies. They systematically and consistently push small traders like me out of living. The PDT rule is their classic tactics.

4. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

In response to your request, I subscribe to a service called PinPoint Trading Stystems - but i am not sure i can post anything about them here.

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

You can post about them, as long as you do not work for them:)

6. This is not so stupid. Another way is to try a few good mechanical systems. You will have to withstand drawdowns, so perhaps combining these two things would be the best solution. I mean, discretionary and mechanical system trading. Or, if you have enough capital to withstand drawdowns, mechanical system trading would be enough, at least for me.

7. Try to compete with yourself...:D Seriously, that can instill discipline. Try to show yourself that you can beat yourself. Or read 'The Power of Now' to understand what I allude to.

8. That's a great idea. It is, after all, a competition with oneself. The devil on one shoulder, an angel on the other.

9. My devil won yesterday but my angel went to the gym and worked out after the close. The devil is getting his ass kicked today.:D

10. In response to your request, I subscribe to a service called PinPoint Trading Stystems - but i am not sure i can post anything about them here.

I sent an e-mail, but came back as an expired account.

Can you just post some info here?

#10     Dec 3, 2002