Discipline & Greed

Discussion in 'Journals' started by LOgg, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Why get mad at him if one expresses some doubts about being able to make a living off of a negative expectation game unless, in your case, serendipity follows you around. And, the anecdotal evidence offered by you is not scientific evidence, and that makes all the difference in the world to anyone with a clue. In fact it's not evidence at all, just opinion, and everyone knows about the opinion and asshole correlation. But then again, some people win the lottery and that doesn't take brains either. Some people even think they have a good system for the Lottery despite the 50% vig right off the top.

Good luck with the journal and make sure to post results/P&L in real time for believability, as it's not beyond some at this site to make use of photoshop.

#21     Oct 19, 2010
  2. Visaria

Visaria

What does my net worth have to do with your ridiculous statements, you moron?

Are you pissed or on drugs shithead?

You're about to win a prize, Stupidest Poster On Elitetrader.

Congratulations.

#22     Oct 19, 2010
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Man, I am ROFLMAO!:D

#23     Oct 19, 2010
  4. LOgg

LOgg

nokomisjeff,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be exporting the numbers to excel then attaching the doc like I did for monday. Only made one trade this morning because I had work. Took a short position based on one 1-min chart. Looking bad it was a risky trade but my mind set was set on the shorter term because of the 1 hour limit.

SPY 700 (54.00) 0.240 0.730 2.817 (57.79)

#24     Oct 20, 2010
  5. LOgg

LOgg

Results for weds att'd.

Today was pretty smooth until the beige report. After it came out I figure I was on the right side of the market being long gld as well as SPY. The huge reversal came five minuites later. Not too sure what the lag was about but then again I dont have a lot of quantitative macro experience. Was holding way too heavy on the SPY around this time as well as reversing positions. Total spaz out. within that hour. Caught my breath with SNDK in and out many times. Near the end however I got out of trades too early I would have many $ on IBM but again i was holding too large of a position and couldn't bare any more loss. Sold at the top when it ripped, REally bad. Same near AAPL. My highs were $400 and I didn't not do a good job of protecting profits. I'm satisfied with the bottom line dollar amount today but dissapointed that greed took over last half.

#25     Oct 21, 2010