Discipline - Continued

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Jul 1, 2003.

1. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

Take out the "if" and keep it your head as a "do", or "Now that I maintain discipline every day I trade very profitably!!"

There are only 2 steps to great success:

1. Find a profitable system (preferably as simple as possible)

2. Follow it religiously without hesitation.

Best of luck

#21     Jul 8, 2003
  2. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Ahh, excellent. Yes, one of the very first ways to change the results, is to change the vocabulary and the attitude.

#22     Jul 8, 2003
  3. chewing tinfoil and shaving my head with a cheese-grater breeds discipline. I want to stress though, that this method may not work for everyone.

... in addition to being good for shaving my head -- I also use the cheese-grater for some of the hard (AND "FINE") cheeses that I supply to Mr. Market!!

:cool:

• mm2.gif
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    #23     Jul 9, 2003
  4. And what made you think anyone wanted to see that picture?

#24     Jul 9, 2003
  5. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Until I get that thought out of my head, my teeth will be very sensitive. :)

#25     Jul 9, 2003
  6. for the most part, I swing trade just one stock. occasionally I scalp, but since I've studied this one largely traded issue (average daily volume of 34 million per shares)....

With that in mind, I set my alerts for certain ranges, whether it be shorts on the high trading end or buys on the long ends.

My best trades come when I stay close to my rules and alerts. Occasionally during the work day, I fine tune these.

I say what others have said earlier, stay disciplined, and losing money should be a learning experience that you hope to avoid.

#26     Jul 9, 2003