Disappearing pointer, cursor

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rossmedia, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Ever since going to three monitors my pointer ever so often simply disappears when I move it in a place to type. Any advice? Im using WIN2k. I have a microsoft intellimouse (wireless), I also have the old dell mouse that came with my workstation. Both are doing the same thing.

Rossmedia

2. pspr

pspr

It could be your mouse driver. First, look in your system/hardware/drivers and make sure the mouse driver doesn't show a problem by having and astrisk there. Either way, you might try installing the driver from the disk that came with the Intelimouse or, if that is the one you are using, try removing it then rebooting and letting Windows install its own driver.

Most like, though, it is a conflict some where with the video card(s) and the mouse driver.

Wally

3. funny you should post this question today. just this afternoon, i was trying to figure out how to intentionally set my mouse so that the pointer dissapears after a set amount of time until i move the mouse again.

i found that at least in win xp (i realize you're on 2k), there is a control panel - mouse, setting to hide the pointer when the keyboard is active. maybe 2k has something similar and this is your issue.

if anyone knows of a setting or piece of shareware that will hide the pointer without keyboard activity, pls let me know.

thanks

4. Banjo

Banjo

Once when I had this prob I had to reload the vid card drivers.

5. pspr

pspr

I'm sure it is out there but not free. Here is one

http://www.softexe.com/cursorhider.html