Disable IB TWS Auto Log Off timer

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by sungtaeyoo, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Selena

Selena

Hi Jack£¬

I knew we had to do something in the IBController.ini file, but the problem is after we changed the code in IBController.ini, It didn't impact on TWS.

Selena

#11     Jul 8, 2012
  2. JackR

JackR

Selena:

You will not see any immediate effect on the TWS. IBController looks for the warning message that pops up about 5 minutes before the logoff time that you set in TWS. When it sees that message box it resets the time to a time prior to the logoff, so that TWS does not log off.

So if properly installed you should see IBController open TWS with your username and password ( that you also put in the IBController.ini file). You'll have to manually respond to the Security Challenge. Once TWS is running set the auto-logoff time to something about 10-15 minutes in the future. When the popup message (window) appears, it should go away almost immediately. Then look in TWS and you should see that the auto-logoff time has been changed.

Jack

#12     Jul 8, 2012
  3. Selena

Selena

Anyone familiar with the Application named "(IB_API_966)-->TestSocketClient-->Release-->Client2.exe" which can connect to IB or TWS and get the market data.

Can anyone tell me why there is no response if i click on the "Real Time Bars" button on the application and how it really works.

I will appreciate your answers. Thank you!

• api.jpg
      File size:
      71.4 KB
      Views:
    #13     Jul 26, 2012