Dirty little secret no one is talking about...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvic, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Mvic

Mvic

On my more optimistic days i see this too though I wonder about the 20 year time frame, it might be more like 50. In the meantime how do we survive long enough to get there. Does anyone see a scenario where rates don't skyrocket?

#21     Jan 10, 2009
  2. Nanook

Nanook

Merlot here...

#22     Jan 10, 2009
  3. Nanook

Nanook

You haven't watched the 3 Terminator movies, have you?

:D

#23     Jan 10, 2009
  4. just21

just21

When the Treasury cannot sell bonds the Federal Reserve will buy the bonds with printed money. The politically correct term is quantative easing.
    The figure of $239 billion of US debt held by the UK, is not the UK government, but hedge funds and sovereign wealth funds who put the trade on through banks in London.

#24     Jan 10, 2009
  5. I think that we will have primitive AI in 20. I would guess the military has had it for some time considering that the unmanned predictor drones have been out in the open for some time. Military technology used in the open is usually 30 years old.

I agree though it will be 50 years or so before all of this becomes the new dominate drivers.

John

#25     Jan 10, 2009
  6. Nanook

Nanook

And the correct spelling is: quantitative easing - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing

Geez! Maybe I need something stronger than Merlot! :p

(...and something else to do on a Saturday night?) :confused:

((give me a break >>> it's -3 degrees here)) :D

#26     Jan 10, 2009
  7. Whenever they come on lol.

#27     Jan 10, 2009
  8. GTS

GTS

:confused:
    Predator drones are unmanned but there is still a human pilot remotely controlling it, don't see any AI technology there.

#28     Jan 10, 2009
  9. It starts with remote controlled versions. The goal would be to develop unmanned, non remotely piloted versions.

Since open stuff is 30 years old and since I would guess in 30 years the private sector would develop it, then they should have it by now.

John

#29     Jan 10, 2009
  10. Cesko

Cesko

The money has always been in agriculture, regardless of innovation.
    (Sarcasm trying to expose the stupidity of the answer)

#30     Jan 10, 2009