Direxion Financial ETF - 6/1

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by scot.mcpherson, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Ok lets say we have a few down days right now, and it flies up 50%...wow amzing gains right? Not if you bought it a couple weeks ago, you just got lucky and recovered some of your losses. Look at the chart for FAZ over its lifetime. How many gaining days do we have? How much has it lost? Did it trend up in the bear market before march 6th? Sure for a couple of days here and there, it hits really nice prices, but then foom it falls below where it was before.

If you miss a top with FAZ, then you missed it, and it isn't coming back.

#41     Jun 3, 2009
  2. I here you, Buddy. I'm not suggesting you get into FAZ. I'm flat right now too. I was just indicating the trend that has developed since the week started.

#42     Jun 3, 2009
  3. Sorry Scot, but this is just wrong.

Your near term memories are weighing heavier than they should be.

They've both been reacting exactly as they should be.

#43     Jun 3, 2009
  4. I was just trying to give a reasoned response to midniteeuropa.

#44     Jun 3, 2009
  5. Haroki,
    If you look at that chart, there are only two significant higher highs. Everything else is a lower high. We had nice gains in the January, and again leading to march 6th. It took a major market crash to create those highs, not just simply bear pullbacks. What exactly are you trying to show me? I am obviously not seeing it.

Do I mean stay away from FAZ? No, it's just simply a huge huge risk to hold it longer than the next top, especially in recent months.

#45     Jun 3, 2009
  6. Totally unrelated, but I am actually looking at going long on HZBBF

#46     Jun 3, 2009
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Sold my 750 shares at 4.85.

Still holding onto many shares though.

Will buy back in on anything below $4.50

Still holding RFN in my IRA till tomorrow morning. Then im out ahead of the job numbers on Friday.

#47     Jun 3, 2009
  8. kurbin

kurbin

Hey Scot, why HZBBF?

#48     Jun 3, 2009
  9. Did you look at it?

#49     Jun 3, 2009
  10. kurbin

kurbin

Yeah I was just looking at it... but I haven't got a clue on how to analyze charts... except I know that it shed 20% just today.

#50     Jun 3, 2009